Transferring Data from Blackberry Desktop manager to Droid Eris

Sandman007

Reaction score
I just got my Droid Eris bc i dropped my blackberry into the Gulf of Mexico. No before anyone asks BP cannot be blamed for the death of my blackberry. What i am trying to figure out is how i can get my information from my BB desktop manager to my Droid Eris any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
Sandman007

Sandman007

Reaction score
Data i am trying to recover

I am trying to recover any data from my Memopad, calendar and password keeper. If i could recover the pictures on there that would be great too.

CBLJazz

Reaction score
you have to get everything to google for this to work.

i transferred my wife from a bb tour to an android phone.

the sad truth is-
this will cost you, time and money (possibly)

Get google sync on the bb to transfer calendar.
manually go in and copy & past from the bb to google docs.

if you're a mac person get spanning sync- not free (like $25) but easy: save yourself the headache.

The reality is that the transition is hard: once everything is over life in android land is better.

Like all changes: changing phone platforms is hard sometimes. In some ways it's easier to have android be your first smartphone than to transfer from bb.

bb is a lot different.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Export contacts out of BB Manager as a .csv then import to Google contacts.
You might need to swap first name, last name columns to have them in google correctly.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Desktop Manager doesn't store data. Whatever desktop app (e.g. Outlook) you sync with has the data. As mentioned above, export as CSV and then import the CSV into gmail.

Memopad doesn't just sync. You'll need some sort of Notes solution. Check the applications subforum for suggestions. Photos can just be copied over after you mount your SD card.

No idea on Password Keeper. I haven't run across anything on transferring data from it to an Android device.