Track my droid via GPS

webb34

Reaction score
My mother is a worried mess. I live in the NE of America and I will be driving back to my home in a week, and as you may or may not know, it snowed pretty hard. Regardless of it melting and being salted and all that, my mother is still worried. So I have this idea. What if I could give her a link that goes to some map and shows her exactly where I am with live tracking. I know my droid has GPS and I was wondering if anyone knows of an app that can do this or something similar.

frod329

Reaction score
You can use the lookout security app and log on the site to track via GPS.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kinger

Reaction score
Can't just use Latitude, or am I mistaken on how accurately it works.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
webb34

webb34

Reaction score
I tried latitude but my mom isnt too tech savvy so Im afraid she wont be able to figure out the log in thing and the refresh thing. she might wind up going "WHY ISN'T HE MOVING!?!?". I also checked out the lookout thing. That might work but my dad is a bit of a smart ass and might abuse that alarm thing.

I think I may go with latitude though. Thanks

Newps

Reaction score
GPS Tracker is by far the best. I use it in my plane. The program default is to update every 5 seconds. That's not necessary. I have mine set to every 3 minutes. It looks like this

InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

Who ever you give your username and password to can watch it update at what ever interval you set. You can click on any yellow dot and it will give you the specs for that position.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried latitude but my mom isnt too tech savvy so Im afraid she wont be able to figure out the log in thing and the refresh thing. she might wind up going "WHY ISN'T HE MOVING!?!?".
If that's an issue then she'll probably have trouble with any solution. For one thing, she'll probably freak out any time you're indoors and/or the GPS receiver isn't able to get a fix.

Justinappi

Reaction score
I use Glympse all the time... Perfect for what you're looking to do.....and easy for your Mom.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

albackore

Reaction score
I agree glympse works great

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App