GPS Route Track

joefuf

Reaction score
I like to go walking around the city, and I was wondering if there was an app that was able to track my journey. Hypothetically, what I'm looking for would let me tell it to start tracking and show me on Google Maps or something later on the path that I traveled in. Does anyone know of something similar.

moterbiker

Reaction score
I like to go walking around the city, and I was wondering if there was an app that was able to track my journey. Hypothetically, what I'm looking for would let me tell it to start tracking and show me on Google Maps or something later on the path that I traveled in. Does anyone know of something similar.

Try cardio trainer, I use it on the bike and it works great.

monkeydog

Reaction score
Yes, my tracks will do this for you and more. I use it every time I go cycling. It will not only record your track but also give you stats such as speed, moving time, max and min inclines, max speed, etc. You can also export the track in various formats to use in other software and upload it directly to google my maps (my tracks is created by google but listed as "my tracks team at google" in the market.)

Last edited:

bicycleray

Reaction score
Hands down you need to get "Sporty Pal" it's free and it gives you a google map tracking right away. then when you are done it uploads to the online website and lets you post what you did to facebook and twitter. The website then goes into further detail including speed and altitude on the map.

You can track a run, walk, bike, roller blade, driving, swimming, sailing, hiking, golfing, horseriding and much more.

This is from this morning. I ride a road bike and road 49 miles in just over 3 hours.

Workout Details - SportyPal

Hands down this is the only gps tracker/work out application available

OP
J

joefuf

Reaction score
WOW. Great suggestions guys! I really liked what I saw with My Tracks so far. It's a great, compact app that does precisely what I needed - thanks NJR682. I will give Sporty Pal a try next chance I get. I really liked the upload function. Thanks for including your morning route Ray. I really like that idea.

THANKS AGAIN ALL!