Touchscreen Unresponsive

bucknutz

Reaction score
Two days in a row I've went to bed and woke up to the touchscreen on my DX being unresponsive.

Apps Running: FeedR, Tweetcaster Pro, Springpad, and Gmail App.

Wifi on, and GPS off.

Any Ideas? I got the DX on the release date 15th so my 30 days are about up. Should I call and request a new phone? Will I get a new one or will they try and send me a refurb?

FYI: I have to do a battery pull to get it to work again.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would just take it in to your local Verizon store rather than call. Most likely they'll give you a new one in the store. Good luck! :D

OP
bucknutz

bucknutz

Reaction score
I would just take it in to your local Verizon store rather than call. Most likely they'll give you a new one in the store. Good luck! :D

Thanks for the reply.

For anyone else that has this issue. Shutting off wifi while I sleep seemed to fix the issue. I'm going to wait and hope it's something that is fixed with froyo.

Reaction score
I experienced a similar issue. I tried numerous fixes to no avail. I figured I would wait until Froyo as well, but eventually it just got worse and worse. I called Verizon, told them all that I had done to try to fix the issue and they immediately ordered a new device for me with no further questions. The replacement was a brand new device, not a refurb. I've had the replacement for a little over a week now with no issues whatsover(knock on wood). I would definitely call, VZW seems fairly eager to help as far as things like this are concerned. I did order online, though, so if you got yours in the store I would suggest taking it back and going through them as the tech support 800 number seems rather unreceptive to assisting store customers with replacements. Hope this helps somewhat. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's worth calling over.

kdkinc

Reaction score
kill the updating apps.

Try it one night and see if it happens again then add one app at at time over a few days.
Sometimes the updating app's don't behave nice while you and the DX are sleeping.

lesnic56

Reaction score
Same problem

I have several chargers for other phones that fit my X. Some of them, when connected, will cause my screen to freeze.