Touchdown on the Droid - help!

KateC

Reaction score
I am trying to set up my work email on the Motorola Droid - I didn't like that I couldn't file from the Inbox to subfolders in the standard email so I am trying Touchdown. I LOVE it but my ONE problem is that when I go to send someone an email it isn't filling in the person like it did in the standard email. Does anyone know how to make it do that? It's particularly important because I can't seem to import my contacts since they're in a public folder...

Grabraham

Reaction score
I am not sure how to get them to auto populate, but if you click on GAL it will let you search the global Address List on the Exchange server. Just type part of the persons name and click search, and you can add from there.

tdetroit

Reaction score
I use Touchdown Exchange here at the University that I work for and I love it. The GAL portion is not working, but that's because we're on an older version of ZIMBRA (The next update in May is supposed to fix that). Do you by any chance have ZIMBRA at your place of work?

REMilk

Reaction score
I have been using Touchdown for about 2 weeks. I use "GAL" tab for my firm's global addresses and the "Add" tab for my contacts. Works well for me.

Bob

dylanthecat

Reaction score
If you have your contacts in a public folder then they are not going to sync. You could copy them into the contact area associated with your mailbox and then they will sync and the auto fill will work.