Exchange not working off site with Droid and Touchdown

Dean_53

Reaction score
I have tried searching on this forum, so if there is something out there forgive me. I installed Touchdown and it works great while I am on my work premises and am accessing the wireless at work. Once I get back home or anywhere else, I cannot access my Exchange email. Is there a specific setting I need to set on Touchdown or somewhere else in my Droid? I want to be able to access my Outlook calender and email when I am, not a work.

Thanks
Dean

REMilk

Reaction score
Companies I have worked for have two exchange server addresses; one for inside the firewall, and one for outside the firewall. In a prior life, I had a TREO and had to establish two accounts on the Treo, one for inside the firewall and one for outside. You may have run into a similar situation.

I suggest that you try to add a new account within Touchdown from your home network. This should give you the exchange server address that is outside the firewall. You may need to contact your company's tech support or network support get the correct exchange server name for use outside the firewall if Touchdown cannot resolve or find the name.

Good Luck,
Bob

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's possible that the Exchange server isn't accessible at all outside the firewall or that you're limited to accessing it via certain methods (e.g. OWA). You'd need to confirm what your options are with IT or your Exchange admin. Not all Exchange servers are set up the same way so there's no one-size-fits-all answer.

Deano_53

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

Still no luck.

I will find out if there is a different server that is external to being on-site