Touch Screen Out of Sync

DolphinsJR

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the touch screen becoming out of sync? For example, when I touch an icon on the bottom left of the screen, the phone thinks I'm touching the upper right. Or when I touch the home or menu botton on the bottom of the phone, it thinks I'm touching somewhere on the screen. I've had the phone for about 2 weeks and this just started happening for no apparent reason. Thanks.

Saltpannes

Reaction score
I think I have had a similar experience. Sometimes, when I'm reading gmail, my droid reverts back to the home screen, as if I had touched the home button. But I have not even touched the phone at all.

OP
D

DolphinsJR

Reaction score
On closer inspection it seems to happen to me only when I'm using the phone while it is plugged in and charging, otherwise it doesn't seem to happen. But when it is plugged in it is REALLY bad and pretty much unusable (the touch screen is completely random and does not respond how it should).

GolfProRM

Reaction score
You must not be using the original charger that came with the phone, or an official Motorola charger. Off brand USB cables and chargers can make the screen go weird when charging.

Last edited:

dubbstyle

Reaction score
Take your phone back. It may be defective. As far as the "off brand" charger. I think they all have the same amount of power running through them as they are USB and can be powered from your computer.

kdw11005

Reaction score
I was told by my verizon rep when I bought my droind that other chargers will charge the droid, however if they are not specifically for the droid (especially the car charger) it will make the screen go crazy and you will not be able to use the phone while it is charging.