Please help: Left side of touch screen not working

aaashley

Reaction score
I know i've tried pulling the battery idk about the OP. I've taken batt out, left phone off 2-3 days, cleaned screen. As if this issue was not enuff my phone has also become a ghost writter and goes crazy.

aaashley

Reaction score
yea i called my usual verizon store i've gone to for the last 3-4 years plus one of the sales floor reps was always very nice to me & gave me honest advice on what phones people had problems with or returned even when i came into the store wanting a certain phone i had seen online he said---oh no u do not want that phone and sold me the way better one and was also cheaper than the way in had wanted. i thought that was awesome since he probably wrkd off commision anyways long story short he moved up to a management position & hooked me up big time when i got my droid several cases body glove this or that car chargers the works so when my droid started crazyness i called him up big surprise he dont work there asked for his understudy that wld hook me up too they told me wat store he went to. so i called toldmhim the deal he said yeah i know its a hardware software issue asked him when the droid charger 4G wld be released he said was already supposed to but they pushed it back till nov or dec and besides when it does come out kansas city doesnt have 4G yet anyway so he told me to bring my droid1 in and exchange it for the thunderbolt which he said is a great phone and no problems reported or returns or customer complaints and then when the droid charger is released he will trade out the thunderbolt for it even though i might not want to by then bc tb is awesome. ill keep u guys posted. sorry so long

Rento

Reaction score
I just got this issue today T____T my contract doesn't end till September... I also do not have a warranty on my phone.

Back softkey and the whole row above it does not work... whole sensor is dead. Sometimes it'll even trip out and just try and select things randomly across the screen... :(

This bites.

EDIT: I wonder if the issue is the digitizer? From what I read is that it controls/senses the touch...? They're $20 on eBay...

Last edited:

Zarthrax

Reaction score
Same issue as Rento, except I have full coverage from Asurian on it.

I like my Droid, I don't want to have to upgrade my phone, but since Asurian's website keeps telling me that I need to talk to VW CS about the one year Manufacturer's Warrenty (which I've had confirmed at a Verizon store that is expired on my phone), I'm going to have to unless someone else knows how to penetrate a nonresponsive website?