droid a855 screen problem

clownboxer007

Reaction score
I have a droid a855 and have had it for about 6 months. Its been working fine until recently, the left side of my touch screen won't work properly. It doesn't seem to recognize touching. So anytthing on the left half is useless (even the back button at the bottom). Which makes most games unable to use. However, if I drag something on my home screen over to the left I can put it anywhere but when I place it on the left and try to touch it, it doesn't work. Could something be loose? Or is it unfixable? I really like this phone and don't want to have to buy a new one. I have never dropped it and its never gotten wet. I have taken real good care of it. Please help. Thanks

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
having the same problem but with the right side as well as my search and home buttons... sometimes just the back button works... reboots help sometimes but for the most part someone told me its a broken digitizer

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Insidious

Reaction score
Yeah probably a wanky digitizer. Or some sort of touch component is shot. Its a shame how D1's seem to go kerplunk after 9 months, its a nice phone and id trade my D2G for one ANY day!

Sent from my D2G on MIUI
:)

meishkov

Reaction score
My OG is still running strong, and I got it November of '09, as soon as it came out basically. Ever since GB has been out the only way to run smoothly it seems is by using a swap partition, along with primes kernel of course. Just the lack of memory gets annoying every now and again, but That's about the only negative about the phone that started it all. The development and support for it though is just off the charts. Which is probably why I haven't upgraded yet. Along with waiting for 4G to spread more. But either way I'm keeping this bad boy even when I do upgrade I can promise you that!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums