Droid A855 problem

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Droid A855 problem, screen only brightening slightly at turn on

Hello-

I have a 2 year old A855 that had been suffering from a bad digitizer. (dead spots, random key pressing, ect)

I decided to go ahead and replace the digitizer myself so I ordered one off Amazon. I installed it and the phone wouldn't power on, just a slight brightening of the screen when power button was pressed.

Thinking I may have done something wrong, I disassembled the phone again and checked all the connections. Reassembled and the same thing, just a slight brightening of the screen. About to give up after several battery pulls/re-starts and whala! On it comes! Tested it out and the new digitizer was working great! I used the phone all day and had to do one battery pull/restart at one point but it came right back on. After an extended phone call I went to hang up and the screen was dark and wouldn't wake up. Pulled battery again and this time back to the slight brightening of screen and nothing more. I have tried many more battery pulls, holding x and powering, ect. all with no effect.

Any suggestions or is it time for a new phone?

Last edited:

Card

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you have a bad connection. If it was a full short circuit, it wouldn't likely be sporadic like it is. You could re-trace your steps and make sure that everything is tight, but beyond that, you might want to look at a new phone.

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you have a bad connection. If it was a full short circuit, it wouldn't likely be sporadic like it is. You could re-trace your steps and make sure that everything is tight, but beyond that, you might want to look at a new phone.

I did once, I will take it apart and check again.

One of the ribbon cables (I believe it was the LCD ribbon) gave me a hard time disconnecting, I may have damaged it. If so, I really don't know how it would have worked so well yesterday but who knows.

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Disassembled and re-checked, everything seems to be correct. Any other ideas?