Touch Keypad When Using Phone

jnporcello

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the forum, although I spent a decent amount of time checking it out over the last few months when thinking about going "pro".

Anyway, when I make a phone call and have to enter characters, I have to hit the dialpad button to bring up the touch dialpad. Is there a way to always have the dialpad available when I'm using the phone? It seems like every call I make I have to enter a number or extension, and hitting the dialpad button first is an extra step.

OP
J

jnporcello

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I didn't describe the problem well.
My problem is for once the phone is ringing. I've already dialed the number and the phone rings... then there is an answer and voice prompt asks you to push 1 for your wife; and 2 for your mistress; 3 for your ex girlfriend, etc:) - whatever the case may be. It is at that time that the dialpad isn't directly displayed there and you have to push a button on the screen to bring the dialpad back up.

Is there a way to keep the dial pad displayed after initiating a call?

dettofatto

Reaction score
No,no... You have described your problem very well, but my English is not very well...
You can try with dialer one, or another dialer...

theory87

Reaction score
Sure can! Go to Settings > Call Settings > Show Dialpad, and then select All Calls.

OP
J

jnporcello

Reaction score
Boy, I'm an idiot - I thought I was smarter than that. I thought I checked out everything in call settings, and it was right there in a dialpad option.
Thank you for your help everyone and the concise answer theory87.

Last edited:

kjjb0204

Reaction score
You can also use the physical number top row keys during a call.