touch keyboard messing up

Dennis5535

Reaction score
I have had a Droid X2 since trhe end of June, and have had to do a factory reset on it 4 times because the keyboard becomes unresponsive when i try to text. The first time I toook it to verizon, they said in might be because of some of the apps I downloaded, but I know they are wrong. Has anyone else had this problem???? If so, can it be fixed, or do I need to get a new phone?

jmk844

Reaction score
Yes hello there I had the same problem had to hard reset phone once. Then messed up again didn't want to reset phone so I took it into Verizon they said its a software messing up. There should be a update fix soon enough but till then I downloaded the AP gingerbread keyboard from Android market. Works perfect. And it is black and grey works wonders hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
D

Dennis5535

Reaction score
Hey Bro, thanks a lot. Gingerbread keyboard works great, and now I do not have to factory reset and loose all my apps. Speaking of which, is there a way I can backup my apps to my PC? I am really behind on all the Tech stuff out there now.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can root and use Titanium Backup.

random rom'd X

OP
D

Dennis5535

Reaction score
Yes, i have heard of rooting, but honestly have no clue what it is or how to do it......any advice?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can use Super One Click and a computer. Read up on it first, there's tons of literature

random rom'd X

PhoneRiddle

Reaction score
Droid Keyboard Quick Fix

PhoneRiddle
There is a simple fix for any droid have the Keyboard Issues. All you have to do is go to the settings: Applications: Manage Applications: Select the ALL tab next to downloads: Scroll down to multi-touch Keyboard:Click Force Stop and then Click Clear data! Keyboard should be Working Fine! :)