Total Control Android Remote Edition (IR Remote) Video

Reaction score
Total Control Android Remote Edition (IR Remote) App & Video

added a quick demo video of our upcoming Android Infrared (IR) Remote on a Droid. Initially it will support a full IR dbase of 300,000+ IR codes, IR learner for any code not in the dbase, Pre-Built GUI so it is simple to setup. Will add rs232, relays, and other tcp options also after initial release. Check http://www.totalcontrolapp.com in about a month for more information.

Hardware and operation similar to our Iphone Remote Edition app here:
Total Control - Iphone Remote Edition

[video=youtube;yIG9x5SAr3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIG9x5SAr3w"]YouTube - TC Android Remote Edition Demo[/video]

Updated our Android video surveillance software. We now support 100+ manufacturers of dvr, ip cameras, nvr, and video encoders.

Full release notes here:
Total Control - Android Vidcam Updates

• Newer jpg api used. Provides optimized jpg/mjpg streaming.
  • Support for:
    • Nuvico Apex/Apex Lite DVR
    • Acti ip cameras
    • Apexis
    • Aviosys 9060
    • AVS
    • Bosch (ip cameras + VIP Encoders: jpg video + ptz controls)
    • BlueNet
    • Foscam
    • Goscam
    • Huntcctv
    • Icamview
    • Intellinet
    • Shixin
    • Zoneminder
  • Centered video in landscape mode so buttons can show on both sides of video screen.
  • Redesigned setup area/options for ease of use.
  • 32,64 camera versions added.
  • Commercial 128 version about to be added.

Added support for:

• Rugged CCTV DVR
  • Elite DVR
  • Speco SIP ip camera (jpg/mjpg)
Added support for:

• Everfocus (DVR Paragon, Paragon264, & Ecor264 Only. FW 1.2.11 or higher)
  • Geovision (DVR & Ip Camera)
  • fixed bug for some jpg codecs on certain models of vivotek and d-link.

searayman

Reaction score
sweet when will this be out? And will it work with my media center on my computer? That would be sweet!

coondogg97

Reaction score
added a quick demo video of our upcoming Android Infrared (IR) Remote on a Droid. Initially it will support a full IR dbase of 300,000+ IR codes, IR learner for any code not in the dbase, Pre-Built GUI so it is simple to setup. Will add rs232, relays, and other tcp options also after initial release. Check http://www.totalcontrolapp.com in about a month for more information.

YouTube - TC Android Remote Edition Demo

Updated our Android video surveillance software. We now support 100+ manufacturers of dvr, ip cameras, nvr, and video encoders.

Full release notes here:

• Support for:
    • Acti ip cameras
    • Apexis
    • Aviosys 9060
    • AVS
    • BlueNet
    • Foscam
    • Goscam
    • Huntcctv
    • Icamview
    • Intellinet
    • Shixin
    • Zoneminder
  • Centered video in landscape mode so buttons can show on both sides of video screen.

Added support for:

• Rugged CCTV DVR
  • Elite DVR
Added support for:

Wow, very interested in seeing Geovision support. I know the iOS supports it, but I was waiting for a decent Android app to use.

OP
TotalControlAppDotCom
Reaction score
sweet when will this be out? And will it work with my media center on my computer? That would be sweet!

we are looking to release it within a month. should work with the media center on your computer however you would need an IR receiver on the computer. i know i use it on my xbox360 for testing now via the front IR port and it works great.

this app has a hardware piece as a requirement. see website link for hardware details.

OP
TotalControlAppDotCom
Reaction score
Geovision is already added as stated below. there is a free demo to try on the website. try it and see if it works for yours. you will need to setup for mobile on the geovision side just like you would for their iphone app.

YouTube - TC Android Remote Edition Demo

Full release notes here:

• Support for:
    • Acti ip cameras
    • Apexis
    • Aviosys 9060
    • AVS
    • BlueNet
    • Foscam
    • Goscam
    • Huntcctv
    • Icamview
    • Intellinet
    • Shixin
    • Zoneminder

Added support for:

• Rugged CCTV DVR
  • Elite DVR
Added support for:

Wow, very interested in seeing Geovision support. I know the iOS supports it, but I was waiting for a decent Android app to use.

spiller37

Reaction score
Scamtastic

Read the fine print. This requires third party hardware that costs well over $100. Go buy a Logitech Harmony for that price.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Message deleted by me. I posted something I should not have in this thread on second thought.

OP
TotalControlAppDotCom
Reaction score
Read the fine print. This requires third party hardware that costs well over $100. Go buy a Logitech Harmony for that price.

nothing really 'fine print' about it. the hardware is plastered all over the website for the app.

a comparable harmony 890, 1000, or 1100 with an extender would cost the same or more.

dylanthecat

Reaction score

nothing really 'fine print' about it. the hardware is plastered all over the website for the app.

a comparable harmony 890, 1000, or 1100 with an extender would cost the same or more.

I agree, the OP even mentioned this in his post above, and it is pretty clear on the website. Pricing is harder to find though for the hardware. Don't really get how you can call this a scam. Looks like an interesting product for the right application.

JasonAsWell

Reaction score

:huh:Did he say it was free?

Hopefully there will be a demo available, at the very least. If it works, I'm in. I would just like to make sure.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Scamtastic
You need to look up the word scam. The Droid doesn't have IR capabilities. It can't control devices that are controlled by IR. That's not a scam any more than requiring a mag stripe reader for a POS app is a scam. Or any other situation where hardware is required to extend the capabilities of your device.

Go buy a Logitech Harmony for that price.
Personally, I prefer Universal Remote's professional line (generally intended for high end home theater installers). Much steeper learning curve, of course.