World's First Android Universal Remote Control Commercial Product Introduced

Silver Member
Reaction score
personally, I think this product has huge potential. one of the biggest drawbacks of the logitech series is their software. it's clunky (IMO) and you have to be tethered to perform updates, which could take a considerable amount of time, if you're adding new devices, etc.

i think this solution is better in one key department. you could put the transmitter ANYWHERE, which means you can put your equipment ANYWHERE. no investing in IR extenders that don't work or are too sensitive.

I see huge potential for this.

Silver Member
Reaction score
wait, wait, i take back my statement. this is the supidest product I have ever seen. I guess I didn't do a very good job of comprehending what's going on here. I didn't realize this wasn't a device that interacts with an app on your phone. it's a-whole-nother android device that you have to keep around.

forget it. if it's not an app, i don't want it. i've got enough devices.

they've missed their mark here. make it an app, that communicates with an appliance, that acts as the broadcaster to your devices and people will swarm the market.

in fact, i think i'll make one, who's with me?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Crap. Not needed, certainly at that price.

You will find that you bring it home and love all the wonderful things it does...

Except control your old Sony Trinitron Tube Set, which you realized you got at xyz warehouse on special, that model didnt have a remote. :)

Really, there is no reason to have yet another device.

Lastly, for $349 it should have phone capabilities so it could replace the phone in the house, or at least in the room you're going to use it in ...

Pass.

HamDog

Reaction score
What do you guys think?
Can't stand not having physical buttons on remotes myself. I'm sure others will go nuts over this though. I'm sticking with my URC remotes.

Amen! I need physical buttons too. It's required for true couch potato channel surfing. I don't wanna look down every time I want to change channels or volume. I want to do it by feeling the keys!

I have a Harmony and love it, but they just don't last too long before the buttons get sticky and give out.

Back in the late 80's there was a remote called "Core CL9". Steve Wasniak (sp?) created it. I loved that thing! Anyone remember that one? To me, that's the best remote that ever existed. Nothing comes even close today...not even 20+ years later.

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a Harmony and love it, but they just don't last too long before the buttons get sticky and give out.

I've had my Harmony 880 since early 2005 and the buttons have been fine. I recently dropped it on a toy and cracked the outer plastic of the screen (not the screen) and it still functions properly.

The LCD has had issues since day one, it doesn't accurately keep the time and I've had nothing but problems with the battery contacts. Yet it continues to out-perform any other all-in-one remote I've ever purchased.