TimeWarnerCable TV App - Remote and Programming Guide App for Ice Cream Sandwich

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android_tablet_DVR_twcableapp.jpg

Time Warner Cable apparently doesn't want to let their competitors be the only ones with a remote control & programming guide app for Android tablets. The company just announced they will be bringing a TWCable TV App to the Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich platform sometime early next year. The app will also facilitate their live streaming TV experience. Here is a feature-list that they gave,
  • Interactive Program Guide (IPG) – a complete IPG experience, with 7 days of program listings including full program description
  • Remote Control of STB –the ability to use the Android tablet as a set-top box remote control, choosing a program from the grid guide and tuning the MDN or ODN STB to the selected channel.
  • DVR Manager – the ability to remotely program MDN or ODN DVRs with capabilities similar to the current web & mobile Remote DVR Manager product
They intend to have the app ready for testing sometime this year, but their time-line may change, and the live streaming service will not be available until next year. This looks like a pretty neat service. What do you guys think?

Source: TWCableUntangled

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is one of those rare times when I'm happy to have Time Warner Cable. But is this only for tablets or smartphones too?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you can actually do this with time warner now.. have been for months... it's not an app but, if you are in a pinch and are out and about and realized a show u like is about to start.... open up the browser and head over to mdvr.timewarnercable.com

It should be noted, this only records to 1 DVR if you have more than one and I have no idea how it decides which one.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
finallyyyy . hope it works w phones

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
you can actually do this with time warner now.. have been for months... it's not an app but, if you are in a pinch and are out and about and realized a show u like is about to start.... open up the browser and head over to mdvr.timewarnercable.com

It should be noted, this only records to 1 DVR if you have more than one and I have no idea how it decides which one.

You can choose which DVR if you have more than one. I use this to remotely control the DVR I use and the one my wife uses when we are away and/or have forgotten to set something.

I've named them (an option on that site) as it uses their MAC addresses for naming by default.

The app, when available will be much nicer.

neoj2

Reaction score
does this apply to comcast as well? name is throwing me off as its what it used to be called