Torrent-fu (@m@z!ng app)

Csquared

Reaction score
I think the is one of the greatest apps out there if you set it up correctly. You can search for movies on your phone and they will directly download on your computer (i use utorrent) from anywhere. It also has the capability of while your at wal-mart you can scan the barcode of a movie and it will look up the dvdrip of that movie, when i get home its done downloading, how freakin awesome it that??:blackdroid:

JCo352

Reaction score
I don't see anything illegal, in talking about an Android app, in the Android Marketplace. This is a forum about the Motorola Droid, running the Android OS.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
True app is legal.....just don't discuss illegal downloads.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would love to use this, but I apparently need to forward a port. I tried messing around with it for the past 30 minutes but just don't know anything about port forwarding.

sportadic22

Reaction score
this is an amazinggggg appp...... when im out and about.. and my tv show is on... just look... get it... by the time i get home.. i can watch it :p this program just makes like quicker and easier

texasPI

Reaction score
Yes they are legal smartass but scanning a barcode of a movie and downloading said movie from a torrent is not. To summarize, there are legitimate uses for torrents. Downloading of copyrighted material for free is not.

thorn11166

Reaction score
i can't get it to go past my router.... like i can try my LAN IP and then try my routers IP it works but if i try my modems IP it won't work and neither will it work with my External IP... any help? i have all my ports forwarded on the router and modem

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i can't get it to go past my router.... like i can try my LAN IP and then try my routers IP it works but if i try my modems IP it won't work and neither will it work with my External IP... any help? i have all my ports forwarded on the router and modem

You know those big huge red warnings some threads start off with?

If you apply a rom or theme wrong... folks here can help. If you do something wrong in your network configuration, expose your home network to the internet, and get smacked with identity theft you are on your own.

All your ports are open? There is a reason they are closed by default. There are things constantly banging on your door trying to get in...and I do mean constantly. If your system has a vulnerability those things get in pretty quick.
Don't leave it that way, open the single port you need (don't use the default port either), and pick the hardest longest possible password you can create. If you worry about forgetting something complicated make it something easy to remember like this: 22iywafscmisetrlt22 (the first letter of every word of the previous sentence, bookended by 22's).

<end of security lesson>

Your LAN doesn't have an IP address but it does have a range of IP addresses. Your computer may reside at 192.168.1.2, another computer (or gaming device) at 192.168.1.3 and your router might sit at 192.168.1.1
Those are all private network addresses that your Local Area Network might use.

As already posted torent-fu's support site is a good starting point.

With everything set up correctly, you should be able to http://public_ip_address:port# and have the prompts pop up while using that address from your computer. If this doesn't happen it won't work anywhere else. There are various routers out there, search the web for the name of yours and the phrase port forwarding for instructions you might need in setting that up.

I tried the above and the LNA address worked but not the public one from the PC. That told me I wouldn't get this android app to work the public address either. After playing around with router settings for a while I was pretty sure it looked right and besides I had gotten vnc and vpn working fine through port forwarding already. Because the support site said it worked with previous versions 1.82 and 1.83 of utorrent I went and grabbed 1.83 and torrent-fu started working perfectly.

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
If you don't have a static public IP address at home (and let's face it, who does?) this may stop working when your public IP address TTL times out.

thorn11166

Reaction score

You know those big huge red warnings some threads start off with?

If you apply a rom or theme wrong... folks here can help. If you do something wrong in your network configuration, expose your home network to the internet, and get smacked with identity theft you are on your own.

All your ports are open? There is a reason they are closed by default. There are things constantly banging on your door trying to get in...and I do mean constantly. If your system has a vulnerability those things get in pretty quick.
Don't leave it that way, open the single port you need (don't use the default port either), and pick the hardest longest possible password you can create. If you worry about forgetting something complicated make it something easy to remember like this: 22iywafscmisetrlt22 (the first letter of every word of the previous sentence, bookended by 22's).

<end of security lesson>

Your LAN doesn't have an IP address but it does have a range of IP addresses. Your computer may reside at 192.168.1.2, another computer (or gaming device) at 192.168.1.3 and your router might sit at 192.168.1.1
Those are all private network addresses that your Local Area Network might use.

As already posted torent-fu's support site is a good starting point.

With everything set up correctly, you should be able to http://public_ip_address:port# and have the prompts pop up while using that address from your computer. If this doesn't happen it won't work anywhere else. There are various routers out there, search the web for the name of yours and the phrase port forwarding for instructions you might need in setting that up.

I tried the above and the LNA address worked but not the public one from the PC. That told me I wouldn't get this android app to work the public address either. After playing around with router settings for a while I was pretty sure it looked right and besides I had gotten vnc and vpn working fine through port forwarding already. Because the support site said it worked with previous versions 1.82 and 1.83 of utorrent I went and grabbed 1.83 and torrent-fu started working perfectly.

i ment all the neccessary ports for this which is one right now, i have it forwarded from the modem to the ip of my router and then forwarded from there to the ip of my computer. so i don't see what im doing wrong? i can use it on my private network if i go point it at my routers ip or my computers ip but not my outside ip or modem ip. know what im saying?