Top 10 Droid Features to Improve

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Media Player! So much work needed here.
- Albums need to be organized by track number, not alphabetically.
- Should be able to shuffle an artists entire album collection without having to create a playlist.
- Shuffle plain sucks, whatever coding it's using is shot. Same song will repeatedly come up.
- Genres
- Albums need to be organized by track number, not alphabetically. (I know I already said this, but it really needs to be fixed)

BB's media player is more refined and much more functional than Android's. That's unacceptable!:mad:

Not sure what you're talking about with track number order. I just checked 5 of my over 100 albums at random and they are all in the original track order. Perhaps the software you're using to tag the mp3's is not set correctly or inadequate.
A direct rip from a CD? Tags are all correct. Edited every single one my self as I've built my music library over the years. My LG recognized the tags, my BB recognized the tags.... why wouldn't Droid?

NVash

Reaction score
Can we somehow get a projector added to the Droid 2.0? Something like that new LG Projector Phone? That would be great.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Media Player! So much work needed here.
- Albums need to be organized by track number, not alphabetically.
- Should be able to shuffle an artists entire album collection without having to create a playlist.
- Shuffle plain sucks, whatever coding it's using is shot. Same song will repeatedly come up.
- Genres
- Albums need to be organized by track number, not alphabetically. (I know I already said this, but it really needs to be fixed)

BB's media player is more refined and much more functional than Android's. That's unacceptable!:mad:

Not sure what you're talking about with track number order. I just checked 5 of my over 100 albums at random and they are all in the original track order. Perhaps the software you're using to tag the mp3's is not set correctly or inadequate.
A direct rip from a CD? Tags are all correct. Edited every single one my self as I've built my music library over the years. My LG recognized the tags, my BB recognized the tags.... why wouldn't Droid?

I have direct rips from a cd and file conversions from vinyl made with Musicmatch Jukebox. All are fine. once Yahoo bought and shut down Musicmatch I started using Tag & Rename to add file tags and have no issues with any of those files at all.

How did you put the files on your Droid? Drag and drop or sync with a 3rd party program?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ drag and drop. Should I be using a sync program to get my tracks in order by number instead of alphabetically?

egilesscott

Reaction score
1. I would like to see the hands-free/voice-dial feature work as well as the Palms I had before this.
2. Syncing with MS Exchange, my e-mails and contacts sync, but my calender doesn't. What gives?

egilesscott

Reaction score
It should but unfortunately doesn't. Maybe I'll go back and re do the setup.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
^ drag and drop. Should I be using a sync program to get my tracks in order by number instead of alphabetically?

I'm not sure. I use drag and drop and everyone of my albums has the correct track order in the media player.

You may want to start a thread exclusive to the media player to find out if anyone else has the same issue as you.

NVash

Reaction score
You know one thing I really hate? After the screen dims from inactivity I have to go through that unlock screen every time. Thats a pain in the neck when Im txting, most of my friends dont respond within the time limit of thirty seconds. I know thats a small time frame but I had it higher, I reduced it to conserve battery.

New feature, make it so that I have the choice to have the lock screen come up when it dims and I hit a button or if I can just hit a button and immediately answer my txts.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Handcent lets you respond without unlocking the phone.

NVash

Reaction score
Does it? How? Please dont tell me those Pop Up Notifications.

tbever

Reaction score
This with a one touch button on the car interface would be so cool.
Imagine it: Your droid is sitting there in the car dock and all you do is hit one button and say "call Jill" and the phone automatically finds the name in you contacts , calls the number and since it is in the dock, switches itself to speaker phone !!

Mine does this. I have to plug it into the aux jack for the "speakerphone" but I listen to podcasts or Pandora anyway. I use voicedialer HF and button shortcuts in the market to reassign the camera button to voice dial. I do agree that when it is in the car dock the speakerphone should automatically be active though and the one button voice dial should be built into the OS.