[TOOL] Easy Root Komplete

Duderino

Reaction score
Since, you are installing an app that does not appear in the Play store, try this. Go into Settings> Security> Unknown sources and check the box, and try to download the app again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I already have unknown sources allowed. The problem is that the systems, both Vlingo's website and Google Play think my phone is running android v1.x. Even with unknown sources allowed, Google Play won't even let me see the Vlingo app in a search, it filters it out.

mariner3

Reaction score
KaChow thanks for this guide to root...everything seems to work fine except loading the delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2-9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip update. I keep getting E:Error in /tmpsideload/package.zip
(status 7). Is this an easy fix or should I start over?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
KaChow thanks for this guide to root...everything seems to work fine except loading the delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2-9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip update. I keep getting E:Error in /tmpsideload/package.zip
(status 7). Is this an easy fix or should I start over?

Unfortunately, this is not an easy fix. This delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2-9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip is extremely touchy and feelly and Motorola does not like the fact that we can root our phones. For the smoothest upload, it occurs from a "Clean-Slate", which that is a complete start over from step 1. I try to emphasize not to spend too much time uploading apps that you'll use on a regular basis, but rather get the basics and the root apps first and then start doing the updates. The 0.7.2 update is always nice and smooth, but again this delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2-9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip is too sensitive and for some reason if this update is kicked out it seems as though the system locks up, causing you to redo again. Some have been successful taking the JB 4.1.1 update via OTA, but if it fails, it will not go through again (this is what I've experienced,) which the result is a complete startover. But for the most part this update via delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2-9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip , works if you just run it through. Most installs vary between 20 to 60 minutes, start to finish, if it takes much longer than that, reduce the amount of apps that your downloading from the store.

Last edited:

leland_7

Reaction score
Just wanted to post up that this tutorial (and KaChow's help) worked perfectly for me. Having never performed root before I was a bit unsure but I'm flying high now and thrilled to have completed this.

Although just looking at the instructions it appears to be a long and drawn out process, in reality it wasn't so bad at all. I was going extremely slow to ensure I hit all the points. I would estimate I could perform this in around 20 minutes or less. (outside of downloading Matt's Utility which downloads quite slow)

Thanks again to all that really dig and push forward with this stuff. You allow folks like myself to enjoy the spoils of your hard work and I am very grateful.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
The OP has been updated, revisions were needed to keep the language flowing for everyone. In addition I have included instructions to install the new JB update 4.1.2 via OTA and by download installation through Recovery. The goal of this thread is still to keep Root on the XT926 Razr/Maxx HD as simple as possible, with detailed instructions to eliminate the guess work. If considering updating to 4.1.2, please read through some of these other posts and weighing the pros and cons before moving forward.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-we-re-getting-update-razr-maxx-hd-xt926.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx-hd/239996-who-has-received-ota-4-1-2-update.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...id-razr-hd-update-9-16-6-android-4-1-2-a.html

There is NO ROOT AVAILABLE IN 4.1.2 on the XT926/Razr/Maxx HD

mariner3

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I bet thats the problem it's trying to install and update all the Apps while I'm trying to do this...Gonna retry again!

:hail:KaChow is the man!! Thanks again I got it to go through!!:icon_ banana:

Last edited:

Luth

Reaction score
There is NO ROOT AVAILABLE IN 4.1.2 on the XT926/Razr/Maxx HD

The verizon rep updated my phone in-store before giving it to me. So, now I've got 4.1.2 v9.16.6.XT926 and .. I can't root, huh? :-/

Any idea if/when a root might become available?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Unless I'm misinformed you can still go back to ICS and root, no?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Luth

Reaction score
Unless I'm misinformed you can still go back to ICS and root, no?

I got the Droid Razr HD Utility v1.10 package. I tried to install the drivers, but it says my current ones are already more advanced, so I skipped that. I ran the batch file, got the phone into fastboot, and began the revert process. The batch file did its thing, but the phone had several lines of output that said "so and so failed" (I'll get an exact copy if it'd help), and though it does erase the userdata and force me through the setup process again, it's still 4.1.2; it doesn't actually flash back to ICS.

Luth

Reaction score
once you go JB- you can't go back.

That's what I've figured. Hence the original question, "Any idea if/when a root might become available?" Has anyone heard that it's being investigated at all, or maybe it has and they said "Nope, can't root this one"?

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new here. I've read through this whole thread and couldn't find an answer to the issue I've been having, so made an account to ask this...

When I run the .bat file, my computer shuts off and when it reboots, I get a message saying the "USB Driver caused a stop error, or blue screen error."
This is what I did:
-Downloaded and installed the driver
-Downloaded and extracted the zip to the desktop
-Enabled USB debugging
-Booted into AP Fastboot
-Connected USB
-Launched the .bat
-Selected option 1 in the prompt, hit enter

The prompt displayed one line, something like "launching sbil (100kb)" then the computer shut off...
Can you help me out plz?

Also, now every time I reboot my phone it automatically goes into AP Fastboot mode and the reason it says it went there is "flash failure"... that doesn't sound good :/

Last edited:
OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new here. I've read through this whole thread and couldn't find an answer to the issue I've been having, so made an account to ask this...

When I run the .bat file, my computer shuts off and when it reboots, I get a message saying the "USB Driver caused a stop error, or blue screen error."
This is what I did:
-Downloaded and installed the driver
-Downloaded and extracted the zip to the desktop
-Enabled USB debugging
-Booted into AP Fastboot
-Connected USB
-Launched the .bat
-Selected option 1 in the prompt, hit enter

The prompt displayed one line, something like "launching sbil (100kb)" then the computer shut off...
Can you help me out plz?

Nice, username. :biggrin: I don't happen to think there is anything wrong with the Utility or the .bat file, but instead I would suggest uninstalling your Motorola drivers, once they are uninstalled> then go ahead and reinstall them. Here is the link that I use, https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/90854/p/30,6720,8579 . Which after the new driver is installed make sure there is a good connection between the Device Manager and your phone. Also, I should note, if you are presently running 4.1.2 you may or may not be able to downgrade with Utility. Some people have successfully downgraded while others have not, and some have even lost root trying to downgrade. Just an FYI...

Also, now every time I reboot my phone it automatically goes into AP Fastboot mode and the reason it says it went there is "flash failure"... that doesn't sound good :/
If you continue to have this problem, go ahead and reboot the device again [holding at the same time: Power + Volume down(-)], then [hold at the same time: Power + Volume up(+)] select "Recovery"> at the "Dead Android" screen, [hold Volume up(+)&Volume down(-)] then select the "Reboot" option. Hopefully, that should fix the problem.

Reaction score
Nice, username. :biggrin: I don't happen to think there is anything wrong with the Utility or the .bat file, but instead I would suggest uninstalling your Motorola drivers, once they are uninstalled> then go ahead and reinstall them. Here is the link that I use, https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/90854/p/30,6720,8579 . Which after the new driver is installed make sure there is a good connection between the Device Manager and your phone. Also, I should note, if you are presently running 4.1.2 you may or may not be able to downgrade with Utility. Some people have successfully downgraded while others have not, and some have even lost root trying to downgrade. Just an FYI...

Thanks for the reply. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers again and again but got the same thing.
Then I see on the utility's page it says "not to use with 9.16.6"... That's what I have :( Is there any utility compatible with that? :fingerscrossed: