[TOOL] Easy Root Komplete

noob1965

Reaction score
I didnt unzip the file properly. tried it again the right way and it works fine. I guess that is what the first shot of java will do for you. thanks for the reply

noob1965

Reaction score
got it rooted now. Im on step 13 now. gotta download some files. Thanks again for the help

Last edited:

noob1965

Reaction score
ok. i did everything accordingly then i got a message that motorola services stopped working and I did rootchecker and I wasnt rooted. everything was working (i was rooted) like it should be until I did step 16. after the reboot the message started popping up. Should I have redid step 16? I went ahead and reset everything and am now back to 4.0.4. i will wait for a reply to proceed.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
ok. i did everything accordingly then i got a message that motorola services stopped working and I did rootchecker and I wasnt rooted. everything was working (i was rooted) like it should be until I did step 16. after the reboot the message started popping up. Should I have redid step 16? I went ahead and reset everything and am now back to 4.0.4. i will wait for a reply to proceed.

You were right there... After the reboot, you would go into Voodoo OTA and restore Root, then go into SuperUser and update Binaries, then go into SuperSU and continue, go into BusyBox and install> go into Root Checker and Verify Root> All Green> device would have then been fully restored to Jelly Bean and Root. If you would notice towards the bottom of the OP (Original Post) thread, I listed an app download that is Motorola Services 4.1.1-41, this you would need to download to your computer> then email it to your gmail account (gmail acts like an installer when it comes to installing apps that are not in the Playstore Market). In order for this install to work, you would need to go into Settings> Security> and find Unknown sources then check the box (this allows outside apps to be installed.)

You were there, if you are back to ICS 4.0.4, this time it will be much easier. GL!

noob1965

Reaction score
i saw it but didnt pay it any attention. funny how that works isnt it?:biggrin: thanks for letting me know.

noob1965

Reaction score
When do I do the Motorola service restore? After I update from the SD card? I'm confused on that part. When I do that I it says I don't have root access to use titanium backup. I can do the Motorola service before the SD update. According to root checker Im still rooted but its 4.0.4-3. Does that matter? So I have to do the 4.1.1 update? I that hate to keep bugging you about this

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
When do I do the Motorola service restore? After I update from the SD card? I'm confused on that part. When I do that I it says I don't have root access to use titanium backup. I can do the Motorola service before the SD update. According to root checker Im still rooted but its 4.0.4-3. Does that matter? So I have to do the 4.1.1 update? I that hate to keep bugging you about this

Do this after successful completion of JB 4.1.1 and it is installed on your device> go into Voodoo and select Restore Root. With Root restored go into the app SuperUser, slide the screen to the left and select update binaries, with the binaries updated go ahead and go into> Titanium Backup> select "Backup/Restore"> scroll down to Motorola Services> select it and select the option to BACKUP> after Backup is completed, select RESTORE> If done successfully you will never see that annoying message again.

TROUBLESHOOT/HACK: I came across a problem, last night with the Binaries and maybe some have experienced this. I went into SuperUser and there were no Binaries to update. To fix this on your device go into the Playstore> download SuperUser Update Fixer download the app, open it, and "force" an update. This should not work, it will return you to the App Drawer and SuperUser will no longer appear there. Go into Playstore again, this time download SuperUser (should also show as not installed) once it is installed open it up and you will have brand new Binaries> go ahead update them as your Rooted system needs this refresh.

noob1965

Reaction score
thanks KaChow. I am rooted and all systems are go. Still trying to get the hang of all this. Am I on a hacked version of JB? and are there only certain kinds of roms that I can run. Im guessing that i can run ones on 4.04 and 4.11.

Fox69

Reaction score
I have an original Droid RAZR XT912 that recently upgraded to JB and now FoxFi won't work. Will this procedure work with this original model or is it only for the RAZR HD which I think is the XT925. Just want to be sure before I proceed. Don't want to take any chances. Thanks so much.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I have an original Droid RAZR XT912 that recently upgraded to JB and now FoxFi won't work. Will this procedure work with this original model or is it only for the RAZR HD which I think is the XT925. Just want to be sure before I proceed. Don't want to take any chances. Thanks so much.

This THREAD is for those in POSSESSION of the Droid Razr/Maxx HD XT926, this WILL NOT WORK on the Droid Razr/Maxx XT912. Also, IT IS NOT designed for the XT925, just to be clear.

KB4NA

Reaction score
Motorola Droid Razr

I updated to Jelly Bean, is their a way to revert back to ICS? I want to be able to use PDA Net/FoxFi

Duderino

Reaction score
I'm stuck at #11 because the link isn't working. Is there another source for the update? Since there is no MD5 here, I'm not sure about finding it elsewhere and using it.

I searched te web and found the file. File size was different so I was a little scurred, but it worked. Thanks KaChow! Get that link updated if you can, though.

Last edited:
OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I'm stuck at #11 because the link isn't working. Is there another source for the update? Since there is no MD5 here, I'm not sure about finding it elsewhere and using it.

I searched te web and found the file. File size was different so I was a little scurred, but it worked. Thanks KaChow! Get that link updated if you can, though.

Thanks! Mirror link #2 posted in the OP for #11.

Duderino

Reaction score
Thanks for updating that KaChow. One quick question. I have my rooted device running fine now except for one thing. I went to Google Play to download Vlingo and it didn't show up in a search. I went to the website for Vlingo to request a download link to be sent to my phone. When I went to download, it said "I see you're running Android v1.x, this app only works with v2.0 and above". So, it seems it didn't show up in Google Play because it was not a comaptible app. Is there something I'm missing here that makes my phone look like its running Android v1.x? I've done a quick search and haven't found anything yet.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Thanks for updating that KaChow. One quick question. I have my rooted device running fine now except for one thing. I went to Google Play to download Vlingo and it didn't show up in a search. I went to the website for Vlingo to request a download link to be sent to my phone. When I went to download, it said "I see you're running Android v1.x, this app only works with v2.0 and above". So, it seems it didn't show up in Google Play because it was not a comaptible app. Is there something I'm missing here that makes my phone look like its running Android v1.x? I've done a quick search and haven't found anything yet.

Since, you are installing an app that does not appear in the Play store, try this. Go into Settings> Security> Unknown sources and check the box, and try to download the app again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2