[TOOL] Easy Root Komplete

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
OP Has been updated... I CHOPPED THE THREAD. Also, as an FYI the 6MB 0.7.2 Update has been reactivated through Verizon. However, the JB 4.1.1 OTA DOES NOT WORK. Only works through Recovery Install, instructions provided.

AZBOY45

Reaction score
Ok, I don't know if you've seen this before. But when i go to do Root Checker, and at the top it says
***Due to security concerns. Google bans applications from providing root access
*** Will not root this device. Will verify proper root installation.

Does that mean I can't root this phone. It is a droid razr maxx hd. I've done every step correct, but my Root screen doesn't look like the one you have. Please help asap I'm in the middle of rooting my phone.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
No that error message/warning just means that the app root checker will not do anything to your phone EXCEPT verify if you are rooted or not. It says that for everyone.

Click the verify root/run button (can't remember what it says) and it will either say successful root or not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

AZBOY45

Reaction score
Ok, 10th time is a charm, maybe. I tried it again, and this time it worked, kinda, after everything is done. Now i'm getting "Unfortunately, Motorola Services has stopped" it keeps popping up. I hit OK and it continues to keep popping up. Phone is rooted though I am on JB 4.1.1. How do I get that stop? Thanks for you quick response.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Ok, 10th time is a charm, maybe. I tried it again, and this time it worked, kinda, after everything is done. Now i'm getting "Unfortunately, Motorola Services has stopped" it keeps popping up. I hit OK and it continues to keep popping up. Phone is rooted though I am on JB 4.1.1. How do I get that stop? Thanks for you quick response.

Go into settings> Apps> All> Motorola Services and disable the app. Or if using Titanium Backup> Freeze Motorola Services.

The version of Motorola Services included in the install is an old version, I'll see if I can post a newer copy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

arcaneedge

Reaction score
OK I have my RAZR MAXX HD in hand now. I was at Best Buy for 2 hours. **Caution for anyone trying to do Amazon price match, as on March 2nd they no longer price match contract phones** I was still able to get mine matched after getting a manager though. Anyways, its running 4.0.4 am I still following all the steps in order or am I skipping some steps since it already has ICS 4.0.4 Official Software. Can't wait to get off of work to play with it all :)

AZBOY45

Reaction score
Look's like I found the fix. You have to do a Factory Reset. Thanks for your help.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
OK I have my RAZR MAXX HD in hand now. I was at Best Buy for 2 hours. **Caution for anyone trying to do Amazon price match, as on March 2nd they no longer price match contract phones** I was still able to get mine matched after getting a manager though. Anyways, its running 4.0.4 am I still following all the steps in order or am I skipping some steps since it already has ICS 4.0.4 Official Software. Can't wait to get off of work to play with it all :)

Since you are on ICS 4.0.4 already, go ahead and take the Security Update 0.7.2 it is a 6MB file. After it downloads, install it and device will reboot and you'll see the Android with Blue Cube updating your device. Once it reboots go ahead and move towards Root... If you get an update for JB select Install later, JB OTA doesn't seem to be working correctly (skip it.) But, go on to Root...

Last edited:

AZBOY45

Reaction score
Go into settings> Apps> Motorola Services and disable the app. Or if using Titanium Backup> Freeze Motorola Services.

The version of Motorola Services included in the install is an old version, I'll see if I can post a newer copy.

KaChow, that was the first place i looked (Apps> Motorola Services and disable the app) but Disable services was not available to select actually there was nothing to select. So I had to do the factory reset. Did I mess something up, by doing that?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
KaChow, that was the first place i looked (Apps> Motorola Services and disable the app) but Disable services was not available to select actually there was nothing to select. So I had to do the factory reset. Did I mess something up, by doing that?

As long as you still have Root confirm with RootChecker, should be fine. I also suggest going into Settings> About phone> System updates> Should receive a pop-up that reads: Your device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time. It is important to check that, if an error is received there, when we get that next update whenever it comes> you may have problems receiving it (with an error- of course.)

On a side note, for those using Titanium Backup for those that receive a "Motorola Services" Force Closed, shoot me a pm and let me know. I have a most recent backup copy of Motorola Services that can be installed. This will save you from performing an FDR.

arcaneedge

Reaction score
Since you are on ICS 4.0.4 already, go ahead and take the Security Update 0.7.2 it is a 6MB file. After it downloads, install it and device will reboot and you'll see the Android with Blue Cube updating your device. Once it reboots go ahead and move towards Root... If you get an update for JB select Install later, JB OTA doesn't seem to be working correctly (skip it.) But, go on to Root...

Ok so I am taking the update right now and installing it. So basically I start the process on step 6 correct?

AZBOY45

Reaction score
As long as you still have Root confirm with RootChecker, should be fine. I also suggest going into Settings> About phone> System updates> Should receive a pop-up that reads: Your device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time. It is important to check that, if an error is received there, when we get that next update whenever it comes> you may have problems receiving it (with an error- of course.)

On a side note, for those using Titanium Backup for those that receive a "Motorola Services" Force Closed, shoot me a pm and let me know. I have a most recent backup copy of Motorola Services that can be installed. This will save you from performing an FDR.

Yes, I am getting Your device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time. So I'm good. PEOPLE THIS REALLY WORKS, EVERYTHING MIGHT NOT BE THE SAME BUT JUST GO THROUGH THE STEP. IT WILL WORK. I did have to do a factory reset after everything was done because Motorola was trippin, but all you have to re-install Root Checker, SuperSU and BusyBox. We'll I did you might have a different experience, everything may work correctly the first time.

One thing KaChow should I go ahead and install SafeStrap? And do the Bloatware?

Thx for all you help KaChow

Last edited:
OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Yes, I am getting Your device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time. So I'm good. PEOPLE THIS REALLY WORKS, EVERYTHING MIGHT NOT BE THE SAME BUT JUST GO THROUGH THE STEP. IT WILL WORK. I did have to do a factory reset after everything was done because Motorola was trippin, but all you have to re-install Root Checker, SuperSU and BusyBox. We'll I did you might have a different experience, everything may work correctly the first time.

One thing KaChow should I go ahead and install SafeStrap? And do the Bloatware?

Thx for all you help KaChow

Your welcome, glad it worked out.

Definitely install SafeStrap and make a backup of your Clean Root. Then freeze the Bloatware and install the Hot spot with Entitlement Hack.

Last edited:

leland_7

Reaction score
I know nothing about this stuff but with all of the root talk I'm getting a tech boner as we speak. I just paid in full (well... ebay so kinda) for a Razr Maxx HD the other day and want to root. Gonna give this a try after my trip to ATL tomorrow. I can follow directions so I hope all goes well!