took my Bionic back to wait for the Motorola Dinara

dlo-htown

Reaction score
if you're always waiting for the next best thing you'll never have the current best thing.

Surely you're kidding if you think the Bionic is the "current best thing" with all the freakin' bugs it has going on with it?

They're not little annoyances... they're downright unacceptable, how the hell did Moto's quality control let this thing out the door, major issues.

Don't try to downplay the Bionic's problems... if i'd known about them before buying, I'd have said "screw that!"

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Surely you're kidding if you think the Bionic is the "current best thing" with all the freakin' bugs it has going on with it?

They're not little annoyances... they're downright unacceptable, how the hell did Moto's quality control let this thing out the door, major issues.

Don't try to downplay the Bionic's problems... if i'd known about them before buying, I'd have said "screw that!"

Can you clarify which of these problems aren't "little annoyances?"

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Can you clarify which of these problems aren't "little annoyances?"

Ya, I'll just mention the one that really chaps my ass at the moment...

The one where the Bionic loses it's data connectivity completely and you have to pull the battery to make it recover. Complete BS for it to be doing that.

tcayton49

Reaction score

I think the Bionic is the "current best thing" I haven't experienced anything on my phone that I would consider a major bug, a couple little annoyances yes, but nothing major. It sucks if you are experiencing major issues, and if you dont think the Bionic is currently the best, that is your opinion and you're entitled to it. I just happen to disagree with that opinion, and based on my experiences with the phone so far, there's no need to downplay anything.

tcayton49

Reaction score
Ya, I'll just mention the one that really chaps my ass at the moment...

The one where the Bionic loses it's data connectivity completely and you have to pull the battery to make it recover. Complete BS for it to be doing that.

That hasn't happened to me. I've had constant data connectivity every time i've checked.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I think the Bionic is the "current best thing" I haven't experienced anything on my phone that I would consider a major bug, a couple little annoyances yes, but nothing major. It sucks if you are experiencing major issues, and if you dont think the Bionic is currently the best, that is your opinion and you're entitled to it. I just happen to disagree with that opinion, and based on my experiences with the phone so far, there's no need to downplay anything.

I was reading the trickle of people reporting issues with the Bionic... thinking it was just them not know how to work it, and feeling superior too that I wasn't seeing any of those issues...

But then my Bionic started exhibiting the same symptoms... and when yours does too, your comfort zone will crumble as you realize how wrong you were about this "current best thing".

You'll see. It's not an "if", it's a "when".

tcayton49

Reaction score
I was reading the trickle of people reporting issues with the Bionic... thinking it was just them not know how to work it, and feeling superior too that I wasn't seeing any of those issues...

But then my Bionic started exhibiting the same symptoms... and when yours does too, your comfort zone will crumble as you realize how wrong you were about this "current best thing".

The thing is, its just a trickle. I don't know how many Bionics have been sold so far, but I'm willing to bet that the percent of people having major problems is miniscule. I'm sure they all have some issues, but so far mine have been so minor that I haven't felt the need to complain. I don't think I'm superior, and I don't think anyone having problems knows any less than me. Every product ever sold has had some units with problems...it happens. I just don't think that major problems are happening with a majority of the phones. I'm not foolish enough to think most of the phones will be error free, but I'm optimistic that mine won't have serious issues. I could be wrong, but I hope not.

brandon9559

Reaction score

What symptoms besides data connectivity? Seems like the other issues like headphone noise and things like that are pretty universal to every bionic...data connectivity could be quite a number of things. I for one have never seen anything but 4G on mine. Or maybe im just not knit picking it bc I only paid 40 bucks for mine...just curious

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dlo-htown

Reaction score
What symptoms besides data connectivity? Seems like the other issues like headphone noise and things like that are pretty universal to every bionic...data connectivity could be quite a number of things. I for one have never seen anything but 4G on mine. Or maybe im just not knit picking it bc I only paid 40 bucks for mine...just curious

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I'm just saying... I used to have the same sentiments... that since it's not happening to mine they're not real issues... flukes... Bionic haters making up stuff to badmouth the baddest mofo phone in the universe. But I'm tellin ya, when it happens to yours... you'll have a change of heart too just like I did.

The problem with the connectivity loss is acknowledged by Motorola, in case you haven't seen the threads on it. It's a real problem with the phone... and what typically triggers it is getting into an area where there is no signal for an extended period of time.. like in my office building. The phone loses data connectivity and even though you get back into an area with good LTE signal, the phone refuses to connect with even 3G or 1x.

Like I said, it's a real problem, and it's just a matter of time that you'll experience it.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I feel there is this misconception of consumers wanting the next best thing, or maybe I do.

When I wait for a device, it's not so I can have the next best thing, it's so the device I end up with has all the qualities that I'm currently looking for. The Bionic almost had all of that, except for the screen I wanted, so I continue to wait.

That doesn't mean I'll be waiting forever, it just means I'll be waiting until a phone comes out with similar or better specs as the Bionic, which also has a screen that meets my expectations. Since we all have different expectations, it's quite possible for someone to be 100% happy with which ever device they end up with, within a reasonable amount of time.

I just feel like this "you'll be waiting forever for the next best thing" has become a staple on these forums and it's just not true for the majority. If you have realistic expectations and wish to wait for a device that fulfills those expectations, then you will find a device that suits you soon enough; of course some sooner than others.

I think that "the next best thing" crowd is a very small group of people and yet somehow those of us who don't want to purchase a device just to be partially satisfied are unjustly clumped into this group and I feel it's an unfair judgement.

Have to agree.. its been said many times over. Just seems some people don't get it. Wait for a phone that your happy with. Can't please all the people all the time, seems to sum it up. Just be happy with what you get fully knowing that another phone with different specs is going to be just around the corner. What it comes down, how long are you willing to wait? I don't think you will ever find a perfect phone.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score

Honestly, the issues the the Bionic is having dont bother me much. Even with issues like the occasional BSOD or email fetch schedule changing by itself, this is easily the most awesome phone on the market IMO.. This is my third Android phone. Prior to this I had a Droid X and Thunderbolt. Both of those phones had a whole slew of issues at launch. The Droid X is still getting OTA updates over a year later and the Thunderbolt still doesnt have GB. It is waht it is man. None of these phones are perfect. I guarantee the Prime, Dinara, Vigor, or whatever God-Tier phone you're waiting for will have a bunch of nagging issues when they come out. I GUARANTEE IT. It seems it's the nature of the beast when it comes to Android devices.

tcayton49

Reaction score
Honestly, the issues the the Bionic is having dont bother me much. Even with issues like the occasional BSOD or email fetch schedule changing by itself, this is easily the most awesome phone on the market IMO.. This is my third Android phone. Prior to this I had a Droid X and Thunderbolt. Both of those phones had a whole slew of issues at launch. The Droid X is still getting OTA updates over a year later and the Thunderbolt still doesnt have GB. It is waht it is man. None of these phones are perfect. I guarantee the Prime, Dinara, Vigor, or whatever God-Tier phone you're waiting for will have a bunch of nagging issues when they come out. I GUARANTEE IT. It seems it's the nature of the beast when it comes to Any devices.

There, fixed that for ya

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Honestly, the issues the the Bionic is having dont bother me much. Even with issues like the occasional BSOD or email fetch schedule changing by itself, this is easily the most awesome phone on the market IMO.. This is my third Android phone. Prior to this I had a Droid X and Thunderbolt. Both of those phones had a whole slew of issues at launch. The Droid X is still getting OTA updates over a year later and the Thunderbolt still doesnt have GB. It is waht it is man. None of these phones are perfect. I guarantee the Prime, Dinara, Vigor, or whatever God-Tier phone you're waiting for will have a bunch of nagging issues when they come out. I GUARANTEE IT. It seems it's the nature of the beast when it comes to Android devices.

From my new perspective, my original droid 1 had better connectivity than my Bionic does. How can the Bionic be the "best" phone if the D1 kicks it's butt in connectivity?

LTE doesn't mean diddly squat if you can't even connect. You'll see... :)

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't understand the bickering. Some people act as if their phone is their child and will defend it to their death.
It's just a phone!

Some people will love it, some people won't. Trying to convince someone that it's great or it isn't is pointless.

I was eagerly awaiting the Bionic when it was rumored to have a 4.5" screen. Once it was confirmed to have a 4.3" screen, I lost interest.

As far as the Droid HD/Dinara on AT&T or Verizon, there have been so many rumors and reports from many different websites that no one knows who is right or wrong, so to try and defend one article or one person, is stupid. No one knows until it's official, the rumors don't mean jack.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
From my new perspective, my original droid 1 had better connectivity than my Bionic does. How can the Bionic be the "best" phone if the D1 kicks it's butt in connectivity?

LTE doesn't mean diddly squat if you can't even connect. You'll see... :)

It really comes down to where you live. The VZW network is changing, adding etc. I notice better connectivity with the Bionic than the d1, mainly because of the 4g, the 3G is the same as the D1. Both good in my opinion.