To wipe or not to wipe… “MY” rule of thumb…

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mods please DELETE all my threads...

I knew there was a reason I never posted here...

Information is too good for these people... Because this is a very wide spread question being asked I thought it would be a good thing to put it where everyone could see it... But apparently it is to much for some people to take to have good information where people can find it...

So please DELETE all of my threads...
I merged the threads into one. It's all good. Thanks for the helpful information.

OP
mph122074

mph122074

Reaction score

Information is too good for these people... Because this is a very wide spread question being asked I thought it would be a good thing to put it where everyone could see it... But apparently it is to much for some people to take to have good information where people can find it...

I merged the threads into one. It's all good. Thanks for the helpful information.

Can you please merge with THe other three as well and just put under hacks please...

Bugless
CVPCS
and Chevy

Thank you

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think that's a good idea as well. Delete EVERYTHING he has ever posted!:icon_ banana:

Lars1

Reaction score

Dude,

Sorry for asking.

p.s. simma down

dieselbmw

Reaction score
When you say wipe..are we talking about the wipe data / factory reset? Or is this just Wipe data cache?? Because doesn't doing a factory reset delete all of your applications?

OP
mph122074

mph122074

Reaction score
When you say wipe..are we talking about the wipe data / factory reset? Or is this just Wipe data cache?? Because doesn't doing a factory reset delete all of your applications?

Both actually...and yes it does delete all of your apps but that is a small price to pay to get a clean install of any ROM

OP
mph122074

mph122074

Reaction score
Thanks. Could you please explain "set the permissions"?

Press and hold on the apk...

under user check read and write

group check read

others check read

and make sure everything else is unchecked...

thanks, I thought your frustration was because I was asking questions:)

Not at all, I am always willing to help someone out...

There are just a lot of people out there that only care about themselves...

Glad I could help...

OP
mph122074

mph122074

Reaction score
For everyone asking me to have this stickied...

I have put in a request to have a sticky and to have the sticky locked. I will be more than willing to answer questions through PM or I am always in the forums and will try to pay attention little more...

Thanks everyone for all the great words...

Mike

holeshot

Reaction score

Both actually...and yes it does delete all of your apps but that is a small price to pay to get a clean install of any ROM

Don't you have to reactivate your phone after doing a full wipe fact reset ? Neve done it so I don't know.

OP
mph122074

mph122074

Reaction score
No... you do not have to reactivate when you wipe... unless you change the baseband...

You will have to sign back in to Google when you start back up....

That being said... Sometimes it's good practice for reactivate using *228 when you install some roms... especially if you seem to be having low signal issues... before you give up on a rom... use options 1 and 2... then if your signal strength doesn't get better within an hour you might just have a bad install or a bad rom...

holeshot

Reaction score
No... you do not have to reactivate when you wipe... unless you change the baseband...

You will have to sign back in to Google when you start back up....

That being said... Sometimes it's good practice for reactivate using *228 when you install some roms... especially if you seem to be having low signal issues... before you give up on a rom... use options 1 and 2... then if your signal strength doesn't get better within an hour you might just have a bad install or a bad rom...

Thanks I appreciate the reply :)