To Update or Not To Update

Colorado

Reaction score
Hello all. 1st time poster but I've been lurking for a few months since the first thought of getting the Dx. Anyway, my wife and I got the dx about 2 weeks ago. It's our first smartphone and we love it. I am running 2.2.1. A day after activating them I got an update notification and updated to 2.3.340.
Yesterday I received another update notification. I am skeptical on getting this update after reading the recurring rebooting problems many are having after updating. My uptime is over 75 hours since I last shut it off. My question is should I get this update or not? I thought that 2.3.340 is the current system version, no? What would be in this update and is it stable?
By the way I am not rooted. Maybe sometime down the road, but I want to get used to it first.
Thanks in advance.

Arsenicpop

Reaction score
I am happy and content using Version 2.3.340. That's just your System Version, not your Android version. You will still be running the Android Version 2.2.1. So nothing really changes. I just held out getting 2.2.1 when i had 2.1 because of USB driver issues, but I got that cleared up. And since your not rooted you shouldn't have any thing to fear =p. Just rooted my phone about 3 weeks ago.