To return or not to return: Replacement Extended battery, and replacement charger

socalocalsd

Reaction score
I am sure many of you are aware of the replacement phone procedure; you get the "certified like new" phone in the mail and you ship back your old defective phone. If you fail to do this in 5 days they charge you for the full price of the phone. But what about a replacement battery and charger??

After calling vzw about my phone getting extremely hot while charging they shipped me out a new phone, and in a separately shipped box a brand new battery and wall charger. I know that I have to return the phone asap and the printed recept that came with the phone stated clearly that I have to return the phone. The recept that came with the charger and battery was simply a normal purchase recept that has the charges for the two items and the discounts totaling up to $0.

So my question is, should I even bother returning the old battery and my old wall charger? They put a prepaid fedex sticker in the box to ship back but nowhere on the recept does it say anything requiring me to return the battery and charger within 5 days like the phone receipt did.

Has anyone ever gotten a replacement battery or charger and didn't return the old one? Did you get charged for it?

Any help in this decision would be great, worst case is i keep them and get charged $60 lol.

VZW_CS

Reaction score
Hello socalocalsd! To answer your question, yes you would need to return the battery and charger you used with the original phone to avoid being charged back full retail for the accessories. Even though the accessories receipt doesn't detail explain this, these items were sent as an exchange under warranty and would need to be returned as defective equipment. Also, they are housed at a different warehouse than the warranty replacement phones, so the shipping collateral may be different. Please use the FedEx return bill label to return the battery and charger. I trust I have answered your questions and have addressed your concerns! Thanks, again, for your patience and for being a part of the Verizon Wireless Family! ^AT VZW_CS Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport