"Battery not connected" error

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I bought a couple of replacement batteries and a cradle charger online for my fascinate. The batteries charge fine in the charger, but when i plug my phone in to charge them i get and Info box stating "Battery not connected." Anyone else run into this with a replacement battery.

Droid Roids

Reaction score
Yup I got the same message. Apprently it's a common issue that people are running into. I wonder if this guy's issue was caused by an aftermarket battery?
"
A 30-year-old Texas man's Droid 2 phone exploded last Friday while he was making a call, causing him to get four stitches in his ear.
Aron Embry of Cedar Hills, Texas, told CBS that he was talking on his new Droid 2 when he heard a "pop."
"I didn't feel any pain initially," he said. "I pulled the phone down. I felt something dripping. I realized that it was probably was blood."
According to Fox's local affiliate, Embry went to his wife, a teacher, who called 911. He received four stitches for his cut up ear. Embry didn't suffer any hearing loss and said he feels "fortunate to be standing here."
Oddly enough, his exploded phone still worked, albeit with the screen's glass shattered outward and Embry's bloodstains.
Nonetheless, CBS reports that the family is thinking about suing.
In a statement on Motorola's website, the company addressed "concerns with Motorola Droid 2"Motorola's priority is, and always has been the safety of our customers, and all Motorola products are designed, manufactured and tested to meet or exceed international and local standards for consumer safety. We will reach out to the consumer and investigate this thoroughly."
Morbidly curious? Click here to see CBS' video report with photos of Embry's injury and the bloodied phone.
When PCMag reviewed the Droid 2 back in August, the phone received a "very good" rating. However shortly after, some users reported dropped calls and poor reception, which may have been limited to a specific range of Droid 2 models."
[video=youtube;BxoGZyygXvY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxoGZyygXvY[/video]

Derwin

Reaction score
Yup I got the same message. Apprently it's a common issue that people are running into. I wonder if this guy's issue was caused by an aftermarket battery?
"
A 30-year-old Texas man's Droid 2 phone exploded last Friday while he was making a call, causing him to get four stitches in his ear.
Aron Embry of Cedar Hills, Texas, told CBS that he was talking on his new Droid 2 when he heard a "pop."
"I didn't feel any pain initially," he said. "I pulled the phone down. I felt something dripping. I realized that it was probably was blood."
According to Fox's local affiliate, Embry went to his wife, a teacher, who called 911. He received four stitches for his cut up ear. Embry didn't suffer any hearing loss and said he feels "fortunate to be standing here."
Oddly enough, his exploded phone still worked, albeit with the screen's glass shattered outward and Embry's bloodstains.
Nonetheless, CBS reports that the family is thinking about suing.
In a statement on Motorola's website, the company addressed "concerns with Motorola Droid 2"Motorola's priority is, and always has been the safety of our customers, and all Motorola products are designed, manufactured and tested to meet or exceed international and local standards for consumer safety. We will reach out to the consumer and investigate this thoroughly."
Morbidly curious? Click here to see CBS' video report with photos of Embry's injury and the bloodied phone.
When PCMag reviewed the Droid 2 back in August, the phone received a "very good" rating. However shortly after, some users reported dropped calls and poor reception, which may have been limited to a specific range of Droid 2 models."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxoGZyygXvY

Thanks for discussion of this topic, i am facing the similar problem in my cell phone regarding battery, therefore you tips will very effective to resolve the problem.