To maxx or not???

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hey guys and gals... I have an upgrade.... I currently have the bionic... I have a history with moto as I have owned the DROIDX, and the droidx2 as well... so this is my question... I see a lot of pretty ticked off people that bought the razr.. and then moto released the maxx.... what is your advice on upgrading?? Just get the razr or wait for the maxx??? I'm also contemplating just waiting for march or april.... I'm sure moto will have another dangling carrot out by that time.....
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have the Razr and I enjoy the device, the only issue I have had is the data drops after the recent OTA but the last 2 days, I have not had one (hoping to not jinx myself)...with that said, the extra battery of the Maxx will be nice for people who don't have access to a charger throughout the day.

Moto also has the D4 coming which might be an option as well...

AZClimber

Reaction score
I'm going to toss a coin on either buying the Razr Maxx or Droid 4 (I returned my Nexus), kinda favoring the Maxx - I really like the idea of the extended battery on the Maxx. When they come out in the next several weeks I'll go with which one feels best in my hand. Nice to know they will both be eligible for the ICS upgrade.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have the Razr and I enjoy the device, the only issue I have had is the data drops after the recent OTA but the last 2 days, I have not had one (hoping to not jinx myself)...with that said, the extra battery of the Maxx will be nice for people who don't have access to a charger throughout the day.

Moto also has the D4 coming which might be an option as well...

D4 is not an option... don't like the slide or pivot phones... its a mechanical wear point... and if you get to forceful... poof that's it... and with 4g drops... and u get ticked.. and snap... my opinion anyhow...and I know how you feel about jinxing...I uninstalled app killer... and started getting the BSOD and data drops... I know its not because I uninstalled the app killer.... its a fluke and a jinx lmao....seriously... it suuuuuuuucks!!! Lol

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm going to toss a coin on either buying the Razr Maxx or Droid 4 (I returned my Nexus), kinda favoring the Maxx - I really like the idea of the extended battery on the Maxx. When they come out in the next several weeks I'll go with which one feels best in my hand. Nice to know they will both be eligible for the ICS upgrade.

I feel ya on the maxx.... and ics is a cool plus ... but the bionic will have ics too... idk.... now that I'm data dropping.... and getting BSOD ...... I'm not thrilled

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
D4 is not an option... don't like the slide or pivot phones... its a mechanical wear point... and if you get to forceful... poof that's it... and with 4g drops... and u get ticked.. and snap... my opinion anyhow...and I know how you feel about jinxing...I uninstalled app killer... and started getting the BSOD and data drops... I know its not because I uninstalled the app killer.... its a fluke and a jinx lmao....seriously... it suuuuuuuucks!!! Lol

I hear ya on the keyboard / slide...altho, I have purchased almost everyone one Moto (D1, D2g, D3) has released but I never used the keyboard...

I saw where you jinxed yourself in the other thread - the data drops all together are tough...altho, I haven't had them on the Bionic and now that the Razr has stabled out LOL...(knocking on my desk as I type this)...LOL

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I hear ya on the keyboard / slide...altho, I have purchased almost everyone one Moto (D1, D2g, D3) has released but I never used the keyboard...

I saw where you jinxed yourself in the other thread - the data drops all together are tough...altho, I haven't had them on the Bionic and now that the Razr has stabled out LOL...(knocking on my desk as I type this)...LOL

Yeah... be careful what ya say.. lmao... my first bionic didn't have the data drop issue... this one does??? Go figure... I wish you continued luck.... so for me I'm thinking its either the maxx or wait for february or march... ya never know.. a quadcore may be out by then

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
It's a 3300 mAh battery!!! That's almost twice the size of the Razr's battery and you only loose some of the space from the bump. I'd say that's pretty small. Especially if you look at other phones extended batteries and see how large the are. The Bionic's extended battery (2700 mAh) doubles the size of the already large phone. I had a Droid incredible with an extended battery (2100 mAh) and it made my Dinc twice as big. Not even close to 3300! Now having said that, I'm sticking with my Razr. Not because I don't want the Maxx, but because I'm out of upgrades, lol. I could REALLY use a bigger battery. I have to recharge half way through my shift on a busy day. That's why I ended up buying a external battery charger. My external battery charger is a New Trent 10000 mAh battery and it's huge compared to the size of the Razr Maxx. I plan on talking to Verizon to see if they can do anything for me. I was able to get the Razr discounted even without a discount. If I can get a Maxx for $299, I'll do it and sell my Razr to Gazelle who's currently offering me $254. There's nothing wrong with my Razr. It works great, but I really could use the bigger battery. The Maxx is right up my ally.

Now my problem is that I use it as a hotspot and there is a known issue with the Razr that you cannot connect to certain sites like Yahoo!. I will not be plopping down $299 if I still cannot connect to those sites. I plan on testing this in the store with my tablet Thursday. I'll be there at 10am when they open, lol.

buckfill

Reaction score
I'm stoked for this phone, but I'm going to wade feet deep at first. I'd like to hear what reports are on the device. I had a Gnex for a bit and absolutely loved the OS. Due to jittery calls and horrible battery it went back to the store on day 15. Another part of me says that I will hold off until ICS is rolled out on it as well. I'm using an iphone which has treated me good, but can't wait to get back to android. Somebody someday will release a phone with great battery, radio, and near glitch free. When that happens it'll be lights out for a lot of android phones until other manufactures can get caught up. It seems like so many phones have so many different issues, strengths, and weaknesses.

I just now realized that I probably wasted 30 seconds of your life that you'll never get back with this pointless post. Sorry about that...

dieselpowered

Reaction score
I have the Maxx, no data drops, the phone has been flawless!!

I like the Razr, however, it is THIN!! I think the Maxx fits/feel much better in the hand :)

droidD90

Reaction score
The Maxx is the best phone I've Had!

sent from my Razr MAXX!

surge

Reaction score
I would choose the Maxx as long add you don't need a thin phone. The Razr is a great phone, but why not go for the extra battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

DocsDad

Reaction score
No data drops for me. Love my Maxx. Upgraded from the Razr for battery life. Other than the Razr being a little too thin to hold for me I loved the phone and battery life was acceptable. I upgraded to the maxx because I wanted and use the battery and it didn't cost me more. My wife may pick up the Razr in purple because of the discounted price. She doesn't need the battery or extra 16 CB space though. Good luck on your choice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

fox_hound

Reaction score
Have both phones.
By far the battery doesn't drop like the razr.
Doesn't drop 3g neither .
Just hate it when Motorola does this sort of thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR maxx using DroidForums