To Droid or Not to Droid?

DroidDiva

Reaction score
Well I am probably asking this question in the wrong forum but!! I figured I would ask WHY everyone thinks the DROID is so good? I am a previous iPhone user and considering a Droid or a new Blackberry Curve2!!
HELP
lol...

I am very used to the iPhone and love the apps and have been told that the apps are very similar to the Droid.....

any pros or cons?? I should know about thanks!!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
First off welcome to the forums DroidDiva : )

Why is the Droid so good? The list is too long but to make it short and sweet. The device simply works for all my business needs and provides me also with the "play" factor with all the available apps. Lastly the customization is endless and the ability to really make it yours is unmatched in my opinion.

I was an avid BB user as well and it was GREAT for my business needs but it grew very stale when I saw the offerings that Android could bring.

It's an all around device that exceeds all my needs and thats why it's so good.

welcome aboard and I hope you decide to jump in a grab the Droid.

Enjoy

OP
D

DroidDiva

Reaction score
I Love going on the internet and sending bunch of emails.. is there a push app for emailing on the droid??

Daver

Reaction score
I think he means, get a Droid, as it would be an easier transition. I agree.

OP
D

DroidDiva

Reaction score
The reason I got rid of my iphone is because of the crappy at&t service... never worked in my house!!

OP
D

DroidDiva

Reaction score
I think he means, get a Droid, as it would be an easier transition. I agree.

Yes true.. there are a few apps that my husband got on his droid eris that are the same as the iphones apps

OP
D

DroidDiva

Reaction score
I think I'll be going to get a droid tonight!

Diordna

Reaction score
My Droid is coming in Monday and I can't wait! Definitely if you haven't already get the Droid! Way better than BB's

Jobucina

Reaction score
I Love going on the internet and sending bunch of emails.. is there a push app for emailing on the droid??

yes. Gmail is integrated into the phone. other accounts are polled...but there is an app for that. K-9 mail, which is available in the android market for free, will convert other POP3 mail accounts to push.

spacehopper51

Reaction score
yes. Gmail is integrated into the phone. other accounts are polled...but there is an app for that. K-9 mail, which is available in the android market for free, will convert other POP3 mail accounts to push.

Thankfully I was just bored browsing all the threads in the forums and ran across this. Great to hear that there's an app better than the default Email app.

GiantDroid

Reaction score
I found K-9 today and installed it. It blows the default email client out of the water. There's not even a real comparison between the two. Why couldn't the default client be this good?

Edmvr6

Reaction score
You cant even mention the new curve in the same sentence with the droid, Totally different animal... far superior

OP
D

DroidDiva

Reaction score
I got my droid tonight.. What is the best place to put pictures on the droid from my computer??