Titanium Backup Question

Dtr204

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and I would like to start by saying that this is a great Droid resource, and there seems to be some really great people here helping us noobs :)

Now, on to my question...(forgive me if this has been asked before, i searched the forums a bit and didn't see anything relevant)

Just flashed my very first rom. Went off without a hitch :) Prior to flashing, i made a nandroid, and backed up everything with titanium. Up and running again and titanium reinstalled all my apps, settings, and such, but no contacts. I know i should have saved all my contacts to gmail, but its too late now.

Am i missing something stupid??? I just don't see a 'restore contacts' batch in Titanium at all. I'm really trying to avoid restoring the nandroid and then reflashing the rom just to get my contacts back...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you really need to backup to gmail. id suggest making a backup of what ur on now, erasing and reinstalling the backup with the contacts, and backing up to gmail then go back

id help u but i use gmail for my contacts and all u gotta do is sign in and itll sync

OP
D

Dtr204

Reaction score
i appreciate the quick response,

My only concern now is if i make a nandroid now, is it gonna overwrite my 'stock' nandroid?

Also, i may just not have noticed it, but i never saw any option to take contacts saved on my phone and sync them to gmail

Sent from my M860 using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can make as many backups as u want - theyre stored on the sdcard

thats under settings

OP
D

Dtr204

Reaction score
Flashed back to stock and saved contacts to gmail. Flashed back to the new rom. All fixed: ) thanks for the help

Sent from my M860 using DroidForums App