Titanium back up causing loss of data

phatkat66

Reaction score
Desperately seeking help. My bionic works great - or did. I rooted it....still worked great, installed TB....still worked great, recovered ALL apps AND DATA from when i was using my DX and then lost Data completely. Not even 3g works. Can someone tell me specifically what it is that im recovering that's causing this? Thanks.

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
anyone have any idea? I need to fix this asap and i cant call CS cuz its rooted. I have about 200+ apps w/ data i need to recover so to go one by one isn't an option. Hopefully someone chimes in. I have to go out in a few and without data i cant check the site to see any responses later =(

johnd09

Reaction score
Could be some system apps and data if you had them backed up. Had the same problem when I went from sense 2 on the thunderbolt to 3, it tried to install things that don't work with the new. Try factory reset and just installing user apps and data.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Never restore all apps from different devices. Only option is to factory reset.

thunder550

Reaction score
I had same problem. Not sure what I restored that caused it. Did a factory reset to get back data, did a restore of apps and data only and everything is good now.

eplantz9

Reaction score
Just to mention the process:

1. I used Titanium Backup to make a backup of the apps and data from the Droid X
  2. Got the new phone, did initial setup and then one-click root.
  3. Copied backup folder onto it.
  4. Installed Titanium Backup and did a restore. It all worked but restored some system file so 4G LTE was dead. No data service.
  5. Did a FACTORY RESET.
  6. fyi: this does NOT remove root access.
  7. Tried it again with Titanium Backup specifying APPS and DATA. It still messed up 4G LTE.
  8. Backup to the Droid X. Did a backup with ASTRO FILE MANAGER (it has a tool to backup apps).
  9. FACTORY RESET AGAIN.
  10. Copied that backup folder to the Bionic
  11. Installed ASTRO
  12. Restored apps (does not restore data). Is not root capable so cannot change system files.
  13. 4G LTE working.
  14. Went to Titanium Backup to restore DATA ONLY form select apps that had that.
Seems to all be working fine. Bluetooth in car, wifi, etc.

Nice phone.

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
Just to let anyone who's doing this know, one (of many im sure) restores that will mess up 4G is the SMS info i think its called "dialer storage"

I was able to "restore missing apps with data" and i unchecked the dialer storage, everything including my wifi info, bluetooth, and bookmarks etc etc was restored along with my apps/data (yay!) sadly we can't restore our texts which sucks but a sacrifice worthy for getting back every other piece of information i wanted to bring over. Definitely didn't wanna start the game apps i have over again >_<