Tired of complaining about the Pre-Loaded Apps? See how to take action today!!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This thread has been going fantastic. I would like to personally thank pc for posting this and also to the many members who have already decided to step up to the plate and have their voices heard. To take action instead of just complaining and stomping your feet makes for an honorable person I believe.

You guys rock!! keep it up. They do hear us now : )

Big Ry

Reaction score
This thread has been going fantastic. I would like to personally thank pc for posting this and also to the many members who have already decided to step up to the plate and have their voices heard. To take action instead of complaining makes for an honorable person I believe.

We need to do one for the Swype dictionary :icon_evil:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This thread has been going fantastic. I would like to personally thank pc for posting this and also to the many members who have already decided to step up to the plate and have their voices heard. To take action instead of complaining makes for an honorable person I believe.

lols.......swype grrrrrrrrrrr

lizard

Reaction score
While we're stepping on each others toes, I think when I make my call im going to tell them I think the current prices are fine, FOR A BLOATLESS PHONE, people who WANT BLOAT should PAY MORE.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....

Big Ry

Reaction score

lols.......swype grrrrrrrrrrr
Seriously! I love Swype. I can type a million times faster on it than stock keyboard. But its unbelievably annoying how many non-existent words are in their undeletable dictionary. I just dont get why they made it so you cant delete words that were originally in the dictionary? I bet someone over at Swype put a few too many back on lunch break, then decided to punch his keyboard while in the middle of working on the Swype dictionary.

deputc26

Reaction score
I'm all for Android activism and will be keeping this thread alive as long as the mods allow me to, here's a transcript of my chat:

Reymer: Hi, my name is Reymer. How may I help you?
deputc26: Hey before we start can I get a copy of this emailed to me when we're done?
Reymer: Yes, I can send it to you Nate.
deputc26: Cool, I got a Droid just after its release date and am looking to upgrade but I'm wondering why Motorola has undeletable apps pre-loaded on all the new Droids
Reymer: Sorry, but we really can't delete preloaded applications.
deputc26: I can see some apps being pre-loaded but making them undeletable seems insulting to the users intelligence, are we required to use them?
deputc26: Given that the iPhone is now coming to VZW without bloatware I don't understand the rationale behind this decision, do you know if all future Motorola Droids will come with undeletable apps?
Reymer: All Droids came with preloaded applications and they cannot be deleted.
Reymer: Sorry if it seems insulting for you.
Nate deputc26: I understand you don't make these decisions but can you pass my complaint up to management?
Reymer: What I can do for now is to save this incident and raise your suggestion.
deputc26: OK sounds good, thank you for your time.
Reymer: You're welcome.
Reymer: Will there be anything else?
You have disconnected.

Big Ry

Reaction score
I'm all for Android activism and will be keeping this thread alive as long as the mods allow me to, here's a transcript of my chat:

Reymer: Hi, my name is Reymer. How may I help you?
deputc26: Hey before we start can I get a copy of this emailed to me when we're done?
Reymer: Yes, I can send it to you Nate.
deputc26: Cool, I got a Droid just after its release date and am looking to upgrade but I'm wondering why Motorola has undeletable apps pre-loaded on all the new Droids
Reymer: Sorry, but we really can't delete preloaded applications.
deputc26: I can see some apps being pre-loaded but making them undeletable seems insulting to the users intelligence, are we required to use them?
deputc26: Given that the iPhone is now coming to VZW without bloatware I don't understand the rationale behind this decision, do you know if all future Motorola Droids will come with undeletable apps?
Reymer: All Droids came with preloaded applications and they cannot be deleted.
Reymer: Sorry if it seems insulting for you.
Nate deputc26: I understand you don't make these decisions but can you pass my complaint up to management?
Reymer: What I can do for now is to save this incident and raise your suggestion.
deputc26: OK sounds good, thank you for your time.
Reymer: You're welcome.
Reymer: Will there be anything else?
You have disconnected.
You got my guy!! :icon_ banana:

He's probably sooo pissed LOL

Big Ry

Reaction score
On second thought, its after hours, this is probably some third party company with 5 employees speaking in part for Moto. Its probably better to call during regular business hours.

deputc26

Reaction score
You got my guy!! :icon_ banana:

He's probably sooo pissed LOL

Haha! I went back and saw your transcript after, hilarious. I've gat a bunch of friends with Droids, I think I'll use their MEIDs and a different email and do this a few more times:icon_ banana:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know how most others feel but i'd rather be on the battlefield fighting for what I believe in rather than sitting in the safety of my home saying it's pointless but thats just me : )

300 Spartans knowingly went to their death for what they believed in the least I can do is an online chat hahahaha

There is an old adage:

"Not to decide is to decide."

(I like to use it for voting, but it applies anywhere really)

If you do nothing concerning bloat on the phones, then you have no right IMO to complain if it's full of bloat.

If you do anything, thaose simple chats included, then at least you did something. It doesn't have to be much, but they can all add up. I'll likely hit up moto later this weekend for fun.

I'm not saying that it will affect change, let's face it, it simply comes down to the fact that VZ knows how many are going to jump from ATT to get the phone (stupidly as well, they all should wait until a LTE capable version IMO). Apple obviously has the upper hand at the moment in placing conditions on VZ for this release because of exclusive nature of the unit.

Whether or not moto and htc have enough clout to do the same is unknown, but to me there's too much $$$ going around to all to have it included now, because to OS is popular.

Which brings me to my last point, the OG Droid had little bloat from VZ or moto BECAUSE it was an experiment for VZ at that time.

I'd go as far as saying confidently that it is likely VZ had no clue as to it possibly exploding as it did, hence they didn't take advantage of it to include stuff, or it was that feeling on those thrid party vendors around at that time who didn't want to pay to get onboard the OG.

Lastly, it comes down to the OS - Only apple has iOS, and its code, so really it would be a fair assumption that unless they got apples ok, one couldn't add anything to it in that fashion (a non removable application tied into the OS) right? So VZ may have wanted to skin it, or have apps added at least, Apple says no or deal gone, they fold.

Just my .02 ...

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ha another complaint on the books. Hopefully this wont be only 1 day of complaints but many.

Last edited:

Kineo

Reaction score
We should do the same thing asking them to put 1ghz of ram on the Bionic like the attic and the ability to use that laptop dock to.