DayDream VR FREE For Those Pre-Ordering The Pixel or Pixel XL

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
CuIZs3mUEAEuxZI.jpg

Pixel day has come and gone. Of course the gut reaction is to always jump on the pre-order "in case they sell out!" So far Google has not sold out. There are still plenty of units to buy. The only downside to buying now is that it will take a few months to ship your phone. For many of you who did jump on the pre-order you have had a few moments for your brash decision to soak in. You may actually be feeling a bit of buyers remorse.

Google wants to combat that feeling with a little gift. Google started to send out emails to those of us who pre-ordered today informing us that we will be eligible to receive a DayDream View VR headset for FREE. They will start sending out Promo codes for the headsets 4-6 weeks after your device has shipped. Not only does this serve as a combatant to buyers remorse it also encourages you to not return your Pixel within the 30 day return period! Google will tell you it is because the units are not ready. I think this is great marketing! What do you think? Should we have to wait a month or shouldn't these simply ship with our phone?!

Thanks @jspring86az for the image!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I can't believe the pre-order delay itself is so long. #Fail

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
About the same as every other Nexus preorder.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And about 3 weeks longer then Apple. #fail

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk