Tired of complaining about the Pre-Loaded Apps? See how to take action today!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Great topic, we may be a small portion of all android users, but the rule of thumb in big business is for every 1 complaint there are 100,000 more people with the same complaint who aren't willing to call and voice it. Moto knows this. 150 complaints on the same day on the same thing is like 15 million complaints.

Kind of, I think you get my point, although my numbers are clearly made up, save the lectures. :)

Well made up a little...when I worked for a Grocery store the number they used were for every 1 customer lost another 100 would be lost from word of mouth. But your point is very valid and Yes Moto will know that for every complaint there are many more not willing to complain. Their formula may be different but I'm sure they have one. And this is how a small voice become a large one :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If they only get 150 complaints out of this it will get attention. I'd rather them have the discussion "Hey we have been getting quite a few complaints about VZW preinstalled applications." than absolutely no discussion at all.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:D I am now discussing it on moto's facebook page, twitter page, and forum. So hopefully more people see that and ask the same question.

thedefectkid

Reaction score
I got Ronald...Hope this Helps:

Ronald D: Hi, my name is Ronald D. How may I help you?
Zack: Hi Ronald I have a question about pre installed apps on my phone that I currently cannot remove...
Zack: Can you help me on this?
Ronald D: Assuredly, i will do my best to help you.

Ronald D: What is the exact issues?
Zack: Well I have apps on my phone that my carrier has put on like a need for speed demo and a blockbuster app that I cannot delete.
Zack: I want to know why I can't have the freedom to delete something off my phone that takes up useless space
Ronald D: I do apologize for the inconvenience, but there is no way we can remove the pre loaded applications on the phone.
Zack: Why is that? I pay for a phone to have the choice to delete and remove applications that I do not want.
Zack: Why is it that the iPhone is coming to my carrier without any of these apps.
Ronald D: The applications, that you can remove on the phone, are the downloaded applications, but for the applications that came with the phone, it is not possible to remove those, i am sorry about that.
Zack: well if thats true then why can I delete the gmail app on my phone? That came preloaded on my phone.
Ronald D: What is the model of your phone?
Zack : Droid1
Ronald D: Thank you.
Zack : If you could please make a note to someone hire up that these apps shouldn't be preloaded on the phones that people pay for that would be greatly appreciated Ronald.
Ronald D: This is how it goes regarding on the gmail application that you already deleted, basically, you can delete that applications because you can add and remove your account on that, but for the rest of the applications, especially from your carrier's application we cannot remove them.
Ronald D: I will be very glad to that for you, any way our conversation is being recorded and our people are actually taking notes from our consumers issue to make Motorola much more convenient.
Ronald D: We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Zack: Thanks Ronald for your support on this issue
Ronald D: You are very welcome.
Ronald D: Is there anything else?
Zack: No thats it thanks

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Great idea. I hope with the release of the iphone on verizon, this causes manufacturers to start getting a little more competitive. If enough people start complaining that the iphone doesnt have this bloatware, they will see that it is important to buyers and hopefully remove it if they want to compete with the sales juggenaut that the iphone is.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Great idea. I hope with the release of the iphone on verizon, this causes manufacturers to start getting a little more competitive. If enough people start complaining that the iphone doesnt have this bloatware, they will see that it is important to buyers and hopefully remove it if they want to compete with the sales juggenaut that the iphone is.

^ That is the point. If all those who are tired of it atleast go to the moto live support and let them know we are displeased then they will atleast give us an option to remove them. And if the formula is if 1= 10 or 1=100 I know we have almost 20,000 members. If 10% of that were to complain it will still be 2,000 complaints on the same thing. Besides you think moto want that junk on their device, probably not but they dont want to say no to vzw. We are now their voice to help them say no to vzw.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
class action it, think (have not checked) there is precedence for that.

zgruven

Reaction score
AWESOME!! I will be calling Moto as soon as I get home.. Th eone that really bugged me was f'ing CITY ID!!! I know I should root but I am way to chicken too..

NO TO THE BLOATWARE!!!!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
class action it, think (have not checked) there is precedence for that.

We dont wanna sue...we need them to make money :D . We just want them to do like apple and say NO to bloat.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
AWESOME!! I will be calling Moto as soon as I get home.. Th eone that really bugged me was f'ing CITY ID!!! I know I should root but I am way to chicken too..

NO TO THE BLOATWARE!!!!
excellent! thanks for being proactive.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I think the complaint ratio is something like out of dissatisfied customers, only 4% complain. So that means for every 4 people that complain, the companies are assuming that there are 100 people pissed off about the problem. So anyone's email or call is actually worth ~25 people in the eyes of the company they are complaining to.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nerd3.jpg

^no bloat.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So anyone's email or call is actually worth ~25 people in the eyes of the company they are complaining to.

Well, but the relevant number is how many of those 25 will actually take their business elsewhere. VZW being more the problem than Moto aside, if Moto has the best phone you'll still buy it, bloatware or not.

The other way of looking at it, realistically, is that VZW is subsidizing me $25 or whatever somewhere along the line to put bloatware - which I can easily ignore - on my phone. I mean, look at the guy who PAID Best Buy $25 to REMOVE bloatware from his PC!!! Yeah, I'll take the $25 which is really revenue generated by bloatware from someone else so VZW doesn't have to dig deeper into my pockets. It's the carrier version of ads.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So anyone's email or call is actually worth ~25 people in the eyes of the company they are complaining to.

Well, but the relevant number is how many of those 25 will actually take their business elsewhere. VZW being more the problem than Moto aside, if Moto has the best phone you'll still buy it, bloatware or not.

The other way of looking at it, realistically, is that VZW is subsidizing me $25 or whatever somewhere along the line to put bloatware - which I can easily ignore - on my phone. I mean, look at the guy who PAID Best Buy $25 to REMOVE bloatware from his PC!!! Yeah, I'll take the $25 which is really revenue generated by bloatware from someone else so VZW doesn't have to dig deeper into my pockets. It's the carrier version of ads.

If that is the case then why is it a new droid cost the same as an iphone 4. Yes when the droid reaches close to its end of life then the price drops but that is mainly cuz a new hot device is about to come out any way. Since my droid cost just as much as an iphone with out bloat then I expect my droid to be able to remove bloat.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If that is the case then why is it a new droid cost the same as an iphone 4.

But you don't know what VZW is paying the mfr in subsidy (nor can you determine that from retail prices). Speculation is that VZW may not be paying Apple as much as they pay Moto.

The economics here are very simple. VZW has to continue to grow revenues/profits to keep investors happy. If you take away high margin bloatware then they simply will need to make-up those revenues elsewhere.

Just strikes me as somewhat inconsistent that, while perhaps counterintuitive, people love free aps supported by advertising but a similar concept on the hardware is foreign to them.