Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt

sportadic22

Reaction score
Well my phone made it all day Sunday with just one charge. I had phone calls texting and emails. I did the battery calibration, downloaded juice defender, turned off gps, wifi, and I dimmed the screen. It made it so I could keep the phone and now it's more than good enough. Try the calibration, it's a great thing!! dancedroid

Lisa

Whats the "calibration thing" ?thanks in advance

in the OP bud

Update - I came across another technique, it sounds a little strange but it apparently came from HTC regarding the EVO...some users appeared to have experienced gains from it:
34. "Calibrate" battery - (1) Turn device ON, charge it for 8 hours (or until LED turns green), (2) unplug and turn it OFF, plug it back in and charge for 1 hour (or until LED turns green), (3) unplug and turn it ON, wait 2 minutes, turn it OFF, plug it back in, and charge for 1 hour (or until LED turns green), (4) unplug it, turn it ON, and use normally.

lckyforme

Reaction score
Juice Defender

I downloaded the free version and it's just doing it's thing I guess. I don't know how it's working (this is my first android phone) but it is. My phone lasted 24 hours with those changes compared to like 4 hours before I installed it!!

Lisa

MLoprete

Reaction score
Battery dying overnight??

I can't figure this out! I had about an 80% charge last night, more if anything.. and by 5 am I can't even turn the phone on?? Is something running that I am unaware of? Happened to me 3x now =(

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to see a battery usage chart? Like which programs are the top users of the battery? I know on the D2 it is menu>settings>battery manager>usage and once you click on usgae a list of the top battery usage statistics comes up.

Last edited:

MLoprete

Reaction score
Unfortunately I needed to plug it in so I couldn't see what happened.. but everytime I check that it seems the display is killing 60-70% of the battery. Howww is it doing this in my sleep??

krandle41709

Reaction score
If u go to the services thing u can see what is running and if u go to power then battery I think u can look and see what is using the most power. Good luck

from the thunderbolt

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
how high is the brightness set? and next time you go from a full charge to a complete drain post like the top 7-10 battery users. Should be display, system, operating system, and such things like at the top

funkyb

Reaction score
For me, 0 to 20% is plenty sufficient indoors. Outside in sun 50% to 70% or so works just fine.