Tips on basic phone operations.

Big D

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right forum. Maybe better in the "Apps" locale.

But I was wondering...

Coming from a basic phone (LG Voyager), I have to say that I really miss the basic phone stuff.

I'm sure there are methods that I haven't figured out yet but here's some things I would love to figure out:

1. Why does the phone go right to the call log when hang up from a call? Is there a way to have it just go back to the home page?

2. Text Messaging. Same deal. Is there a way to make it so that if I open up the KB, it goes right to the outgoing text message page? That was a huge time saver with the LG. The basic text funtions seem to have been overlooked for some really cool advanced stuff.

That seems like a general truth about this baby. It is ultra cool and advanced and I love the dammed thing. But I really miss some of the ease of the "basic phone" right now.

Any tips for improving the basic phone ops?

Thanks gang.

Last edited:

murdermile

Reaction score
You'll get used to it in time, its just a different way of doing things. Its really not that difficult to press literally 1 button to get to those screens like on your lg.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right forum. Maybe better in the "Apps" locale.

But I was wondering...

Coming from a basic phone (LG Voyager), I have to say that I really miss the basic phone stuff.

I'm sure there are methods that I haven't figured out yet but here's some things I would love to figure out:

1. Why does the phone go right to the call log when hang up from a call? Is there a way to have it just go back to the home page?

2. Text Messaging. Same deal. Is there a way to make it so that if I open up the KB, it goes right to the outgoing text message page? That was a huge time saver with the LG. The basic text funtions seem to have been overlooked for some really cool advanced stuff.

That seems like a general truth about this baby. It is ultra cool and advanced and I love the dammed thing. But I really miss some of the ease of the "basic phone" right now.

Any tips for improving the basic phone ops?

Thanks gang.
1. Press the home button

2. If sliding the kb took you to text messaging, lots of people would get annoyed QUICK since many slide it out for email or the browser or even taking notes and whatnot. Now if they put in the option to make it autolaunch and app OR NOT then that could be pretty cool.

It seems to be the case with almost every smartphone that the addition of all the cool stuff tends to turn the "phone" part into a feature rather than the main purpose. The sole purpose of your LG was to make calls and text. The browser and apps are usually afterthoughts on dumbphones. On a smartphone, they put more time into the other things usually than the phone part. Its a trade off in a way but I honestly think the phone part of this thing is fine how it is.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'd like to add to what Gardobus said he made some very good points. You have to remember also you have moved over to a completely different platform. Once you get used to it it becomes second nature .

It's a change no doubt but hang in there..

rubrown

Reaction score
Speaking of basic phone functions, is there a way to write quick notes down?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are many apps in the Market. "AndroNotes Notepad" is just that. You open it and make notes. No settings, no options, no font changes, nothing. Just open it and take notes.

Then there is one called Notes that lets you make simple notes as well as ToDo lists, attach pictures, email your notes, backup your notes to SD card, etc.

ColorNote lets you save your notes as stickie notes and you can add them as widgets if you want.

MobisleNotes is another free note/todo app.

Just search the market for "Notes" and find the one that sounds best to you via description and reviews.

OP
B

Big D

Reaction score
I hear you. I'm hanging in and everyday things get more second nature - even physical KB.

Is there a way to get the phone to go back to the home screen automatically when hanging up a phone call or sending a text?