Not so fast to jump to the Incredible...

solorca

Reaction score
I was planning on going to the store to scope out the Incredible today (and I still plan to), but I saw some interesting news today that may make me change my mind about getting it. It looks like the LG Aloha may be coming sooner than I thought.

I've been a long-time fan of LG phones. In fact, prior to moving to the Droid, I have had each incarnation of the Voyager (about 6 total phones in a row) and have loved them all.

The basic specs look really similar to the Incredible or Nexus One, but with the added fact that it will have a hardware keyboard (and from my experience, LG will actually do the keyboard correctly)...

First LG Android Finally Coming to Verizon this Summer | Android Phone Fans

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you hold out for the next big phone, you'll be holding out forever. At some point you have to buy. These phones are only going to continue to get better so there is no way we will have the best phone for any significant period of time.

Mojo

Reaction score
This is definitely going to be the year of android! I like the incredible better then this LG. But then again I have not seen it in action. Does it have TV out too? I think I am hanging on to my Droid until Christmas. See what's out by then.. I should be able to make up my mind in the upcoming months to see what's leaked on even more upcoming android devices.

droid4life88

Reaction score
used to have moto droid now have the incredible and i like it a lot. Its light and compact and the touch is excellent. Operates extremely fast. I am very impressed. the only thing i dont like is that the internal memory doesn't store songs of ringtones so now i have to go get an sd car as opposed to the sd card that was pre installed in the moto droid. Would recommend.

OP
S

solorca

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm holding out for the next big phone, as much as I love LG's and I was excited to see that they have this phone coming out with Android.

Honestly, if the Droid would fix a few issues I wouldn't even be looking (although I probably would for the LG in a few months), but the phone quality is so terrible on my Droid, I have to upgrade if I ever plan on being able to accomplish anything. I can barely have a 2 minute conversation without the person on the other line complaining that they can't hear me. I've returned the phone three times already and have spent countless hours talking to customer service about the issue, but it's never getting corrected.

I am going to test the quality of the phone on the Incredible and give it a shot...but if it doesn't show much improvement, I'll end up waiting until the new LG to upgrade.

Big phones don't bother me. My Droid has the extended battery that makes it probably the largest phone that I've had in 6-7 years.

Last edited:
OP
S

solorca

Reaction score
used to have moto droid now have the incredible and i like it a lot. Its light and compact and the touch is excellent. Operates extremely fast. I am very impressed. the only thing i dont like is that the internal memory doesn't store songs of ringtones so now i have to go get an sd car as opposed to the sd card that was pre installed in the moto droid. Would recommend.

About the internal storage issue...

Are you able to use the entire amount of space for apps, or is it limited? Have 6+ gigs of space for apps (without using Apps2SD) would be awesome. It would be nice to be able to have Google Earth and Homerun3D Battle without using up a significant chunk of my available space.

serveitup911

Reaction score
Solorca, did you use ##PROGRAM and change your vocodes?
Try evrc-b or 13k.

darreno1

Reaction score
Would have been nice, but the screen size is a turn off. Hopefully they have a bigger brother in the pipeline. I like LG though.

OP
S

solorca

Reaction score
Solorca, did you use ##PROGRAM and change your vocodes?
Try evrc-b or 13k.

Yeah, I've tried it all. It will work correctly if I hold the phone at an absolutely perfect angle...but if I move it a centimeter off, it is useless. I think it's actually an issue with the build of the phone, but it's extremely frustrating.