Tips for 4g battery life?

humanputting

Reaction score
I can't get mine to last for more than 5 hours but I'm a power user. Constantly on it doing something. My best advice is to just forget worrying about battery life and just enjoy the phone. I've got a charger in the car one at home one at work and one in my bag for school.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
so I'm still getting poor life even with the tips in this thread. getting kind of annoying having to charge every five hours...

i notice in wifi i use barely any battery but on 3g/4g it's useless. hope this can be fixed because android os is using 58 percent of my battery...

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
so I'm still getting poor life even with the tips in this thread. getting kind of annoying having to charge every five hours...

i notice in wifi i use barely any battery but on 3g/4g it's useless. hope this can be fixed because android os is using 58 percent of my battery...

What kernel are you using?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
3.0.8 that came with android hd revo rom

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I may suggest something, give Franco's nightly #5 a try. You can find it over at XDA. I've been seeing my phone actually hit deep sleep so Android OS usage is much improved.

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I may suggest something, give Franco's nightly #5 a try. You can find it over at XDA. I've been seeing my phone actually hit deep sleep so Android OS usage is much improved.

ok but do you know if it will work on the current rom I'm running?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok but do you know if it will work on the current rom I'm running?

Hmmm...you're right. If I remember right you're on a 4.0.2 based ROM. Need to be on a 4.0.3.

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...you're right. If I remember right you're on a 4.0.2 based ROM. Need to be on a 4.0.3.

yeah i think i might as well make the switch to 4.0.3, I've just been paranoid about Google wallet giving me the insecure element error

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using GummyNex which is 4.0.3 based and my Google wallet works great.