Tips for 4g battery life?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I live in a non 4g area and have had no issues with battery life. Was getting around 26 hrs. But I travel a lot and am in ny often where there is 4g and battery life is horrible. I'm talking 4hrs...that's not good. Went from fully charged to 75 percent in 30 minutes with my screen off. Any tips?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Turn off nfc, auto sync, and drop screen brightness. I went 15 hours on stock and still had 50% battery left with moderate use on lte.

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Turn off nfc, auto sync, and drop screen brightness. I went 15 hours on stock and still had 50% battery left with moderate use on lte.

Thanks true I didn't think about turning off nfc...I already have brightness low and I'll do the auto sync as well. Thanks

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah some one posted the nfc thing and I tried it last night wow was I amazed. And from 3 to about 7 i had music playing non stop.

Ken_photo

Reaction score
Anyone know how to stop facebook from running is the background. Seems to run several processes?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is a feature i love bout ics. I hate when stuff like g+ just keeps syncing when I rather it synce when I tell it to. Go into settings, data useage. Turn on set mobile data limit. Then pick something like 5 -7 gigs (somethhing u will not have to worry about you ever reaching and having your data cut out on you). Then click the app that is hogging data and you can disable or limit it.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
use solid black backgrounds for wallpaper and apps that have that option.

Ken_photo

Reaction score
This is a feature i love bout ics. I hate when stuff like g+ just keeps syncing when I rather it synce when I tell it to. Go into settings, data useage. Turn on set mobile data limit. Then pick something like 5 -7 gigs (somethhing u will not have to worry about you ever reaching and having your data cut out on you). Then click the app that is hogging data and you can disable or limit it.

Thanks. Great feature allowed stopping background data while not on wifi but allowed while on it.

alienware777

Reaction score
I can't see nfc taking up very much battery... but if it actually does then yay more battery life haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

humanputting

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why the android os has been using background , data it send or rec 15 mb in the last hour. I'm pretty sure its putting a dent in my battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

MikeDiggityD

Reaction score
I generally only use the 4G when I need a boost. Using LTE Switch to manage networks. Probably off topic, but I've never really undertood why 4G is needed as a default. If I were using a tether app, sure...maybe streaming HD video or something. 3G seems more than sufficient for me for most applications and certainly when you consider the battery life saving...

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
how am i getting good battery life on stock?

no FB.. NFC is on.. i had numerous phones calls and did a lot of txting.. reading email.. i went wifi for like 20min.. my kitchen always switches to 3g... i just dont turn it on all the time now.. only when i need too....

i did disable the vzw apps..

View attachment 44754