Thunderbolt vs. Droid 3

colorfulRhyme

Reaction score
I own a Droid 1. It's time for an upgrade (its slowed down a lot and is glitchy sometimes).

I'm stuck between the Thunderbolt and Droid 3.

Thunderbolt = no keyboard, 4G, already released.
Droid 3 = keyboard, 3G, date seems unknown?

I've heard the Droid 3 is being released July 7th, and also July 14th. Without knowing the release date, I can't decide between the two. My original though was to get the Thunderbolt, and if I hate it, exchange it for the Droid 3.

However, could I also return the Thunderbolt within 14 days, switch back to my Droid 1, and then go back and get the Droid 3? Or would I lose my exchange credit?

I'm tempted to try and bribe the guys at my VZW to tell me when the Droid 3 is coming out. Not having a physical keyboard seems kinda daunting to me, can anyone tell me how it is?

Thanks guys! :D

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
I came from an OG Droid myself and enjoyed physical keyboard. The on screen keyboard on TB not bad at all, try it out, youll get used to it anyway.. Ask yourself this question.. "Could I live without 4g"? I couldnt difference in speeds in my area is 12x faster than 3g! Huge difference, everyones moving on, youll be staying behind.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Well, to me, your main problem would be choosing between 3G and 4G. Considering that 4G coverage is slim to none in most areas, you might want to go with a 3G phone. Less battery drain. Unless you already have 4G in your area. As to your exchange rate question, I have no clue. I would wait until the D3 is officially announced and then start researching more about the phones and possibly play around with the two, if you could wait until the D3 is actually in store.

Sent from my Alfonso-baked GingerDroid

Raptor007

Reaction score
I had the TB and there are still bugs so I would suggest waiting until GB actually gets released for it or run a custom ROM. The D3 is "highly" rumored to be out by 7/14 or sooner depending on which sites you read, but the majority seem to think the 14th is the date.

I have the Charge and my market is currently testing 4G, I have seen it appear a few times but only for short bursts. I am actually looking to either step back to the D3 with 3G or getting the Bionic with 4G. I want more internal storage and dual core.

That said, as long as I can keep my unlimited on the D3 which I should I may get it, ride it out until this time next year and get one of the latest 4G LTE Ice Cream Sandwich ICS phones that will no longer have any of the capacitive buttons or physical buttons. I really want a next gen LTE chipset as well.