Thunderbolt Root Z4?

indee2025

Reaction score
I know the current Z4 root method used for DX/D2 etc doesn't work...

Why isn't there a new Z4 root or 1 click easy root available for the thunderbolt?

A 3 step process that involves inserting code into text to skip installing htc sense drivers is not an easy root....

All the articles I see online keep saying it is easy root but it is not, easy root doesn't mean learn adb to know why your phone is stuck in step 2...

I think both methods available for rooting the Thunderbolt are not stable enough for me to risk it on a device I rely so heavy on, I easily rooted my Droid manually, then when I had the DX it was Z4 root and I think that is the way to go....

Is it not possible to get a 1 click or Z4 root for the Thunderbolt? Is there a lack of interest in making this available/lack of interest in the device? The bloatware on this device is unacceptable IMO....

OP
indee2025

indee2025

Reaction score
Then don't do it?

I think it's more than obvious I am seeking a better method/wondering if a better method is in development and apparently you didn't get that. It's not even about learning adb, if you don't have info about another method in development I'd rather you not post here....

sk8

Reaction score
As of now, there is not other method. According to many devs a true one click will NOT happen, as rooting requires you to downgrade the ruu prior to using the exploit to root.
The 3 step method is easy.
There is a risk in rooting and if your worried about the risk of using the 3 step method then flashing a Rom would be more risky, but your willing to take that risk?
I suggest you not root, due to the potential risks.....

sent from a sweet paper weight.

jr313

Reaction score
there isnt goin to be a simple one-click root program...i suggest u learn adb and learn to root the manual way its not that bad and u never know when it could help u in da future...

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Why isn't there a new Z4 root or 1 click easy root available for the thunderbolt?

A 3 step process that involves inserting code into text to skip installing htc sense drivers is not an easy root....

All the articles I see online keep saying it is easy root but it is not, easy root doesn't mean learn adb to know why your phone is stuck in step 2...

I think both methods available for rooting the Thunderbolt are not stable enough for me to risk it on a device I rely so heavy on, I easily rooted my Droid manually, then when I had the DX it was Z4 root and I think that is the way to go....

Is it not possible to get a 1 click or Z4 root for the Thunderbolt? Is there a lack of interest in making this available/lack of interest in the device? The bloatware on this device is unacceptable IMO....
If you can follow the step by step instructions, you can do it. Once you're rooted, maybe you can come up with the one touch/click root for the TB. You'll probably be stock for a long, long time if you don't take the plunge. You're not going to tell me an old 50 yr. old like myself got my phone rooted following the instructions and you won't try? Trust me, it is extremely difficult to brick this phone.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
unevoked is the only one click I would trust and I don't see them being able to come up with a one click root for the TB like some people said it requires a downgrade.

drew

Reaction score
I highly doubt the one-click will happen. The devs would have to find another exploit, and still have to get around the digitally signed bootloader and image. I believe the one you "downgrade" to during the root process is not signed.

The only reason I haven't rooted yet is because I didn't want to wipe the phone. Telling me it's not a big deal to wipe doesn't change the way I feel about it.

Here is a decent thread regarding one clicks.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thunderbolt-hacks/142295-lets-talk-why-one-clicks-not-helping.html

I can understand the OP's issue with being told "either learn ADB or don't do it". It comes across as condescending and elitist. Most of us who came from older unlocked phones really enjoyed the benefit of one clicks. I had rooted the long way on my Droid 1, then took the easy way (Z4Root) for my D2G. No wiping of phone, didn't take a long time, was a one click unroot, etc.

The platform is evolving, becoming more mature and you will see even tighter lockdowns in future phones.

wooddale

Reaction score

If you can follow the step by step instructions, you can do it. Once you're rooted, maybe you can come up with the one touch/click root for the TB. You'll probably be stock for a long, long time if you don't take the plunge. You're not going to tell me an old 50 yr. old like myself got my phone rooted following the instructions and you won't try? Trust me, it is extremely difficult to brick this phone.

I'm 61 and I did the three step I've been stuck 3or4 times but the guys here always get me out today did my first sbf on my DX hardest part was finding the files that worked

2001400ex

Reaction score
there isnt goin to be a simple one-click root program...i suggest u learn adb and learn to root the manual way its not that bad and u never know when it could help u in da future...

I wouldn't go this far. The same was said on the OG thru several updates, even citing the unlocked bootloader as the reason. The DX and D2 were said to be unrootable, then after root was determined to be too risky. Of course we know how it is now.

There is a definite market out there for one click root, I think time will solve that. I am like you, rooted OG manually once, then used one clicks. I just don't like the risk of flashing a full rom when I am connected to my company server.

flooritnfly

Reaction score

Dude.......this is pretty easy.....