Thunderbolt Root help!!

kodemaniam

Reaction score
Alright, So I just got my thunderbolt. It is cool but I would like to root but I'm not familiar with this type of root. Can someone Give me the best and simplest way to root this thing? I want my thunderbolt to really be the beast I know it can be. Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Check out the auto root method, it is stickied under development :)

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
[Kernel] Protekk 2.6.35.14
Waiting for the Vigor...

OP
K

kodemaniam

Reaction score
is there anything not working on it? like some dont completely root with s-off, or do you know?

CyberKing419

Reaction score
ok just searched some of the forums about rooting ur phone and i dont think i'm a make any attempts at it. Lost me when it said erases ALL data.:icon_ banana:

drew

Reaction score
ok just searched some of the forums about rooting ur phone and i dont think i'm a make any attempts at it. Lost me when it said erases ALL data.:icon_ banana:

check again. There is a thread in the hacks forum for rooting without wiping. Theres even a really easy to follow YouTube video. Or search fro revolutionary.

ivanrooni

Reaction score
Wipe is the Safest Way

check again. There is a thread in the hacks forum for rooting without wiping. Theres even a really easy to follow YouTube video. Or search fro revolutionary.

You perform a full wipe of the phone, wipe/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache. If you are coming from a ROM (rooted) you can simply back up the ROM before wiping. Then if things are not to your liking you can restore.

I performed a full wipe yesterday. Used Back Up Assistant before the wipe and used Back Up Assistant to restore all 567 contacts after the installation. Worked perfectly. Then after signing into my google account the Market started replacing my prevously downloaded apps, automatically.

Problem with some ROMs is that old data doesn't mix well with the new ROM. Causing problems galore. I am a newbie pretty much. Thus far four ROMs installed over the past 6 months on various phones. If I can do this you can to! Lots of opportunities out there for some pretty slick themes, etc.

duvall8

Reaction score
I recently rooted after months of waiting and debating. I used the revolutionary root method and it worked great. No data loss. Now my phone is awesome.

Currently running the new das BAMF with sense 3.0

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

drew

Reaction score
You perform a full wipe of the phone, wipe/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache. If you are coming from a ROM (rooted) you can simply back up the ROM before wiping. Then if things are not to your liking you can restore.

I performed a full wipe yesterday. Used Back Up Assistant before the wipe and used Back Up Assistant to restore all 567 contacts after the installation. Worked perfectly. Then after signing into my google account the Market started replacing my prevously downloaded apps, automatically.

Problem with some ROMs is that old data doesn't mix well with the new ROM. Causing problems galore. I am a newbie pretty much. Thus far four ROMs installed over the past 6 months on various phones. If I can do this you can to! Lots of opportunities out there for some pretty slick themes, etc.

For flashing ROMS, yes .. wiping is preferred. But this thread is about rooting the Thunderbolt, so not sure why you quoted me. Revolutionary is the preferred method for rooting the TB, and there is no wipe or data loss. See zwegans link in his post. I tried, but my TouchPad wouldn't let me copy / paste the URL. What can you expect for $149 though?