¿This Or That?

Reaction score
Need help deciding, I currently have a Moto Droid but I want to upgrade and I am stuck between two phones: The Droid X or the HTC EVO 4G. I know they are on two diff. Networks but that doesn't really matter to me. They are so similar but at the same time have they're little tweaks...Which one should I choose??

OP
HaRaJuKu_DrOiD©
Reaction score
Honestly it doesn't mater where I am, Pgh PA, Sprint and Verizon both work excellent

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well then..... personally I'd go with Droid X.

The EVO and X are comparable, as the X was released to compete with the likes of the EVO.

I'm not big on HTC's build quality or Sense UI

The X has a 1ghz OMAP processor vs the 1ghz Snapdragon the EVO has. IMO the OMAP is a much better processor.

However, the Droid Incredible (by HTC) is a sweet device and I'm sure the EVO will run lightning fast too.

It's really a toss up. I'm partial to Motorola so naturally my preference leans that way.... but I don't think you'll be unhappy either way.

OP
HaRaJuKu_DrOiD©
Reaction score
Yes, it is a toss up! I just hope the X hass the same hacking capabilities as the Droid...Do you if its possible to get an Evo the flash it to Verizon?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would say the chances of gaining root access to the Droid X and being able to tweak it are much better than for the EVO.

The EVO will most likely have root access gained as well... but it's well known that Motorola has more of an open mind with their devices and the reality of hacking them.

Plus HTC's Sense UI is part of the framework which makes it harder to customize around.

OP
HaRaJuKu_DrOiD©
Reaction score
Very true. I couldn't possibly go back to regular ole stock after being rooted and asll the customations lol...I'm so indecisive that I will probably buy both lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
X is your best bet for customizations other than stock. :)

Hey.... get both why not? :) lol

OP
HaRaJuKu_DrOiD©
Reaction score
Lol this should be interesting. Might get overwhelmed with the awesomeness of the phones ;). Thanks for the input!