Third Party Twitter App Fenix Has Reached It's Token Limit

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I gave up on 3rd party twitter clients years ago. For the longest time I used Twidroyd. At the time the official twitter app was a pile of junk which is why so many 3rd party clients sprung up in the early days. Pretty soon we were starting to seem some pretty amazing 3rd party clients like Falcon Pro. Before long Twitter took notice. More people were using these 3rd party client apps then their official app. This was not good for business, so they decided to institute a 100,000 token policy. This meant that the twitter client could not service more than 100,000 devices.

Pretty soon 3rd party clients like Falcon Pro ran out of tokens, and started to have to refund every new app purchase. There was also the issue of you losing your token as new users were added via the pirated version of the app which seemed to be a really big deal. With no revenue stream developers lost incentive to update and support their clients and would instead release new clients and expect users to pay for the app again. It became such a mess that I simply stepped away from 3rd party twitter clients altogether.

As many of us in the Rom community got away from using the third party clients the Fenix twitter client was born. Fenix gives a similar experience as apps like Falcon Pro with a better UI and more features. Unfortunately it has also reached its 100,000 token limit and likely faces the same fate as Falcon Pro.

via @fenix_app

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Such a lame move on Twitter's part. I thought so when they announced it and still think so to this day. They're official app isn't very good at all. It serves the purpose ok, but I can't believe they put out that app and then stifled third-parties that were doing so much better.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised developers hadn't found a way to overcome the token limit. Like, for instance, using the twitter app already installed to do the real work, but simply providing a shell interface that passes all the data to the twitter app. I mean, if it means revenue for a developer, why not?