Thinking of switching from BB, but have questions...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
1. I use Yahoo as my main mail, not Gmail (I know, I know... GASP!). I've heard Android is a bit buggy with Yahoo, but that the new OS release, 2.1, should fix that. Is this true?
I don't think anyone can definitively answer that until 2.1 has been deployed. Yahoo has been very hit-and-miss for my fiancee.

2. Is email notification instantaneous?
Depends on the email account. The Droid won't make a POP account into a push account. Exchange ActiveSync is very fast. Gmail is very fast. I don't have any other email accounts that I use with my Droid.

3. Not that any camera phone is great, but I am pretty impressed with the BB's phone. How is the Droid's phone?
Worse than my BB 8310, particularly in any situation that isn't bright sunlight.

4. The BB is great at managing multiple email accounts. I have quite a few (have one for mailings like for coupons, etc, my main one, a Gmail one, etc) and the BB pulls email in quickly. How is the Droid at managing multiple email accounts?
Not sure how to answer your question. My gmail and Exchange account use different apps.

5. How do you like the qwerty keyboard? Which keyboard do you use more?
I don't use it except for games. I suggest checking into Swype or similar apps. If you're coming from a Curve you'll be disappointed in it.

6. I've read all the great things about the Droid. But what about things you think could be better?
If you're coming from the BB you'll probably miss profiles. There are apps that try to fill in the gap but it's not quite the same.

Jages16

Reaction score
You can make Yahoo as close to push as possible by making it check every 5 minutes. That's not so bad. Really interested to see what the 2.1 fix is for Yahoo. Hoping its if you delete on the phon it also deletes in Yahoo on the web.