thinking of getting a droid, need opinions

billyidle

Reaction score
As far as touch screen accuracy goes, that article is absolutely false when it comes to the Droid. Using multiple finger drawing apps, I was able to draw perfectly straight lines with my fingers, single and multi touch.

zenman77

Reaction score
I have owned Palm Treo, Htc xv6800 and Touch Pro and can safely say that the droid blows them all out of the water. I just watched a video on cnet for the new windows mobile 7.0 and I will not be leaving the android market anytime soon. I recommended this phone to my 2 nephews and they are now proud droid owners as well and loving their devices.

Hope this helps you,

Jason

ctxx24

Reaction score
Well first post on here and it had to come on this thread. I had a iphone for a year att service sucked so i went to vzw. And iam so happy i did the droid is all around a way better phone then the iphone was. touch screen almost the same just a tiny advantage to the iphone. and thats the only thing better about it..no customization at all. the speed seems about the same. get it..luv it...live it

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Well first post on here and it had to come on this thread. I had a iphone for a year att service sucked so i went to vzw. And iam so happy i did the droid is all around a way better phone then the iphone was. touch screen almost the same just a tiny advantage to the iphone. and thats the only thing better about it..no customization at all. the speed seems about the same. get it..luv it...live it

Welcome to the droid family ctxx glad to see more people coming over to the better side of the invisible line :)

xkaper

Reaction score
I too have had both phones. Although I did like the IPhone, the service through ATT sucked in the worst way. May just be my area, but I would drop calls constantly. Their commercials kill me! They act like their service is golden.

Any, I went back to Verizon for the service and picked up the Droid. The software is a bit different and that took a little getting used to, but a short time later, I can say I truly like the Droid. I dont notice any screen problems accurate wise, I did think the IPhone screen moved a bit faster than the stock Droid screen. Now rooted, rom, overclocked, etc... I think my Droid is faster. But either way, it wasnt so big of a difference that it made it a deal breaker for me. Its a great phone, with great software. Verizon is shady, but hey... Least I can talk to someone without hanging up on them all the time. :)

Prodigy4

Reaction score
take it from somebody who has both...(Droid for work and Iphone for regular use) once my contract is up with AT&T, i'm going straight to a Droid...

classicpenny

Reaction score
Respectfully Disagree

I respectfully disagree. All things considered, the Motorola Droid does not blow the old Treo 650 out of the water; and it isn't even clearly superior to the Palm Pre Plus. I have had a Treo 650 for three years. I have spent a month with two Palm Pre Pluses; and another three weeks with the Motorola Droid. Please see my comparison table at mymotodroid dot com

mrshickadance9

Reaction score
I really like the look of the Droid, and how it seems you can download anythig you want on it without having to jailbreak it or something. But my buddies trying to convince me other wise. He also told me about this study: here

Where the droid's touchscreen did not do very well. My friend also told me that his iPhone was also already faster that the Droid. But he's a big Mac fan, and I'm going to be having this phone for two years so its very important to me, and I wanted to ask anyone who owns a Droid their opinion:
Do you ever have problems with the touchscreen being inaccurate?
How fast is the Droid? Will it slow down when browsing large pages?
And would you recommended it for someone who plans to mostly browse the web, use apps, facebook, but isn't to tech savy about android (this would be my first smartphone)
Thx

The iphone is much faster than the droid. The touchscreen is INCREDIBLY inaccurate, and the browser is terrible (see the post I just made).

The droid has it's upside (nav, open platform, physical keyboard, good speakers), but the iphone is all around more polished and of better quality. I regret buying a droid. I think you should wait to see what they release next.

th9203

Reaction score
The great thing about the Droid under VZW is that you can turn it on and try it for 30 days before you are commited. :icon_ banana:

Go get one, give it a try and see if you like it.

Opinons are like, well, you know and everyone has one.

billyidle

Reaction score
The iphone is much faster than the droid. The touchscreen is INCREDIBLY inaccurate, and the browser is terrible (see the post I just made).

The droid has it's upside (nav, open platform, physical keyboard, good speakers), but the iphone is all around more polished and of better quality. I regret buying a droid. I think you should wait to see what they release next.

Much faster how?
And how exactly is the Droid's touchscreen inaccurate? I replicated the articles test, only instead of wavy lines, I was able to draw straight.

iPirate

Reaction score
that "test" is bull****. When it was first released half the forum downloaded the paint app and could not repeat the same results they had.

also you are picking a network. I told my friend about the blackberry getting mobile google app so he could use voice search. he tried three times to use the voice search and it said bad network connection (at&t) so I showed him how it works on my phone and he thought it was cool.

Last edited: