There should be an option to reset System files between flashing themes

xliderider

Reaction score
I've had a lot of problems going from theme to theme in Liberty. Probably because some themes alter some files, while other themes alter a lot of files. So I've noticed remnants of one theme in another when switching between themes.

I've since wiped everything (Data, Cache, System) and reinstalled Liberty and my favorite theme (for now ;)) for a clean install.

However, it would be so nice if there was a "stock" theme to flash to that would reset all system files, before applying another theme. dancedroid

rayne58

Reaction score
I agree with you that is a good idea lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

detox

Reaction score
I've had a lot of problems going from theme to theme in Liberty. Probably because some themes alter some files, while other themes alter a lot of files. So I've noticed remnants of one theme in another when switching between themes.

I've since wiped everything (Data, Cache, System) and reinstalled Liberty and my favorite theme (for now ;)) for a clean install.

However, it would be so nice if there was a "stock" theme to flash to that would reset all system files, before applying another theme. dancedroid

Make a nandroid of stock liberty and flash that before applying a new theme

detoXatappin on my X

sensatti

Reaction score
You can also just reflash the liberty rom without wiping anything before switching to a new theme for a clean install.

rion_j

Reaction score
I actually like that some theme elements are left behind for example I'm currently on mysterious beast but I liked the themed market from revolution remix. So the remix market stayed themed when I flashed the beast theme.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Grillrd

Reaction score
I like the Linear font with the MattedBlues theme also :) Does anyone know what the font in Linear is called so I don't always have to theme linear then theme mattedblues

rion_j

Reaction score
I like the Linear font with the MattedBlues theme also :) Does anyone know what the font in Linear is called so I don't always have to theme linear then theme mattedblues

Linear font is Zegoe UI.

SanJuan

Reaction score
Everyone try setting "clear cache on reboot " in the liberty settings. Maybe that will let you flash from theme to theme without problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Clearing cache can't be relied on to get rid of a theme :( the only way is just to reflash Liberty.