Themes For ApeX 1.4.x (2/21/11)

bsbabcock

Reaction score
New to root/rom.. Flashed Apex 1.4.1 last night (first rom ever) so snooping the theme threads. :)

Bigfeet18, I'd be willing to bet what you need is desktop visualizer. If you're referring to having the text icons show up larger as "icons" on your home screens. DV allows you to assign the png's as the icon for a widget (shortcut) then tell it to do anything like open an app or folder (which is nice.. folder organizer, my next suggestion).

DVR works nice. Hope that helps.

Bigfeet18

Reaction score
Thanks that should take care of the icons but what about the clock, and the icon widget

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Thanks that should take care of the icons but what about the clock, and the icon widget

Have you tried to resize them via the launcher you are using (other than stock)...ADW.launcher EX, LauncherPro Plus or Go Launcher EX - all allow resizing of widgets..

Brion1

Reaction score
Trouble downloading

For some reason this is not letting me download the themes over the browser on my phone. I have never had a problem doing this before and it will let me on my pc and my droid forums app so it's not the links. Anyone know why this is happening? It keeps taking me to a redirectingat.com site that says web page not available.

Update- Fixed. I had to clear data on my browser. Don't know what the deal was or what caused it.

Last edited:

JustJack1235

Reaction score
OMG!!!! My bootanimation has SOUND!!! I love this rom!

EDIT:sorry i just flashed the rom and got overly excited!

Last edited:

Uvfriend

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me.... What I did was reset ma whole phone and install apex again... It worked for me...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

iNoMaD

Reaction score
Switched today from Liberty 1.5 because there was no HDMI or DLNA needless to say Im glad otherwise i would have never stumbled upon this amazing ROM. Im lovin it! Great work Fab! Quick question can I download boot animations that have sound now without having to move the files around,besides renaming the bootanimation.zip? Thanks!

WindyCity1014

Reaction score
A month ago I didn't even know what rooting meant. In the short period of time since I decided to get into hacking my DX, I've learned how to root and unroot, how to run nandroid backups and restore, how to .sbf a phone to return it to stock before sending it back to VZW, and how to overclock/undervolt. Yes, I'm pretty proud of myself!

Anyway, I'vve been running the stock ROM on my rooted DX for some time now and I figured that I'm ready to tackle the next challenge. I've heard apex is good for noobies like myself starting out with new ROM's, and I'd like to try it.

I've already made a nandroid backup of my current setup and I'm preparing to follow the instructions in the OP but I have a few questions:

1. Why do I have to uninstall the updates to Market, Gmail, ADW Launcher (I use LauncherPro), & Search before flashing the new ROM? Is "Search" actually "Google Search"? I can't find a app just called "Search".

2. How do I find apex 1.4.1 to download on my new phone?

3. Is there anything I need to know about flashing from the stock ROM to apex, or is it the same process as flashing from another modified ROM?

4. Once I flash to apex, what is the best way to quickly restore my apps, etc.? Should I just restore from Titanium? Should I unfreeze the bloatware before flashing over?

My apologies if these questions have been discussed already. I read through the thread as far as I could, but there are a TON of pages! Thanks in advance guys!!

Reaction score
Switched today from Liberty 1.5 because there was no HDMI or DLNA needless to say Im glad otherwise i would have never stumbled upon this amazing ROM. Im lovin it! Great work Fab! Quick question can I download boot animations that have sound now without having to move the files around,besides renaming the bootanimation.zip? Thanks!

you'll have to put the sound file in /system/media

geno51

Reaction score
Will the 1.3 themes work with 1.4.1

I am noob to root and roms. Just rooted last night and am now running apex 1.4

Now I want to put on the watermark theme ? I dont know how and not sure if it works with 1.4?

Reaction score
Will the 1.3 themes work with 1.4.1

I am noob to root and roms. Just rooted last night and am now running apex 1.4

Now I want to put on the watermark theme ? I dont know how and not sure if it works with 1.4?

all the themes in the first post of this thread are made for and will work on 1.4.0/1

1.3 themes may work, but why bother with those when you have ones for 1.4 right here?

Last edited:

asaunders

Reaction score
Great orange theme. Is anyone having issues with upzipping the wallpapers? I was stuck in the update for a few minutes.