[THEME][WIP] Kuro Black by Yakitori

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the kind post. I will continue to support this Theme, but I am not running miui at the moment. I will be back when it is stable and the bugs are worked out, but for now UD 2.5 is far superior. I also just recently unlocked lp plus and finally got the widgets I was wanting to use.

I will have to go by ear though, unless something super stable (and usable as a daily ROM w/o reboots, fc, and lost functionality (that used to work with previous releases, but doesnt work now).

BP Legend

Reaction score
Thanks for all the work. I did get Kuro up and running...looks great. I really wish the bugs were fixed as well in MIUI. I'm not getting any video or audio MMS....ugh.

Sent from Droid (MIUI 0.12.11.0)

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
just wanted to let everyone know that Kuro should work on the 12.24 build.

I loaded it myself although I am not on MIUI at the moment. Just waiting a while and keeping an eye on updates.

I am going to re-upload the zip with the camera theming.

I noticed in the current build the file names are com.android.camera...at one point it was com.google.android.camera. Not sure why the names keep changing, but it would be nice if they didnt. :p

In the meantime, if you have loaded my theme, and the camera is not themed...you can do the following to get it themed.

Use root explorer to go to /data/system/theme1 and change the folder named com.google.android.camera to com.android.camera and it will apply the theme w/o having to reboot.

Thanks all. I have not been keeping up with the theme manager aspects of miui lately so not exactly sure the .mtz format is all about yet.

I did however apply my theme through theme manager on the new 12.24 build w/o any problems.

OG(DRO)ID

Reaction score
I have Kuro4 on my 12.24 update and i'm trying to add the black facebook and google quick search...Whenever i try to touch install the black facebook my phone automatically reboots and keeps the previous version. I even made a backup and deleted the file through titanium backup with a reboot. and same thing keeps on happening. Any suggestions??

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have Kuro4 on my 12.24 update and i'm trying to add the black facebook and google quick search...Whenever i try to touch install the black facebook my phone automatically reboots and keeps the previous version. I even made a backup and deleted the file through titanium backup with a reboot. and same thing keeps on happening. Any suggestions??

some people have had issue installing 3rd party apps. The reboots aren't from it installing it reboting because its a bug, known issue. Try installing them through adb.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is main reason for me not running miui. Tweaking things that aren't broken and creating more work for themselves. I would like to see things like lockscreen gestures...volume rocker extended media controls..and better optimized scrolling in settings instead of overdo the theme manager. Imo it was already awesome and made theming much easier.

Im sure these will be addressed in future releases.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OG(DRO)ID

Reaction score
This maybe a stupid question but what is adb?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Uploading the new Kuro 4 in the .mtz format for the new 12.24 release.

If you are not using the new build...I believe you can still download the .mtz file and rename .zip.

Also, I removed the Kuro cursive script in the bg pressed to unlock image. It is now white light only.

I will update the OP as soon as they are done uploading.

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates Yak. I really liked the Kuro cursive script in there; going to miss it.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates Yak. I really liked the Kuro cursive script in there; going to miss it.

I can add it back in and give instructions on how to apply it.

gimme a few.

EDIT..I attached the image.

to incorporate it back into the theme follow these steps:

1. Use 7zip to open kuro.mtz file.

2. open framework/res/drawablehdpi folder.

3. Drag the attached image with Kuro into the folder of the zip. (just drag and drop)

4. Save the changes.

5. Move the kuro4.mtz that you put the attached image into back to your SD card (you can move the current one out of the theme folder if you want to save it, incase you want it back).

6. apply the theme.

:)

Last edited:

OG(DRO)ID

Reaction score
Is the only difference in the new update is that one is in .zip and the other in mtz?? Also is the way you outlined b4 or adb the only way to add the black facebook and quicksearch apps?

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is the only difference in the new update is that one is in .zip and the other in mtz?? Also is the way you outlined b4 or adb the only way to add the black facebook and quicksearch apps?

you can adb the quicksearch as it is a sys app, but gvoice, and inverted fb are just regular apk install. No need to push them...just email them to yourself and install normally. Actually there is an inverted fb 1.5 floating in the forums somewhere...and its what I use now. Its the same theming, just the new fb instead of the older version.

The difference between this and the .zip is also fonts, and the sliding panel bg pressed no longer says kuro in cursive, unless you want it...then 2 posts above is how to get it.

Thanks.

OG(DRO)ID

Reaction score
I found the inverted facebook you were talking about, i tried to touch install and before it finishes installing it reboots my phone, then i tried emailing and installing like you said then it did the same. Wondering if you had any suggestions?