[THEME][WIP] Kuro Black by Yakitori

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also be sure to check /data/data and see what your camera name is. Mine was com.google.android.camera. if you did not wipe from 12.3 to 12.11...then download the 12.3 zip.

Sent from the shadows of Kuro

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think I am going to wrap up this theme.

I have one last update as soon as I find the miui music 4x4 icon location.

I have made a few more minor adjustments, notably some statusbar nofications. Included a few sense notifications...nothing major.

I will however provide continued support for future releases of MIUI.

I am focusing on other projects for MIUI at the moment. Stay tuned folks!

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Kuro 4.0.

I will not be updating theme much unless I see something I want to fix.

New version includes:

1. new mms/sms in/out backgrounds

2. MIUI music widget 4x4 replaced (thanks arpitbull for finding its location)

3. some status bar notification changes (nothing major)

4. Added original kuro wallpaper in wallpapers if you want to change

I am going to focus my work on another theme.

thank you all for the downloads. Over 300 people downloaded since Kuro's inception. Thats awesome!

OP is updated. If you want to use this theme on 12.3, you can...just download the zip, open it...look at the name of the camera folder. The new 12.11 used com.google.android.camera as the name, I believe 12.3 uses com.android.camera. So...whatever the name is in your /data/data folder using root explorere...name the zip folder for camera to match. Otherwise you will have stock camera.

thank you all again!

arpitbull

Reaction score
Kuro 4.0.

I will not be updating theme much unless I see something I want to fix.

New version includes:

1. new mms/sms in/out backgrounds

2. MIUI music widget 4x4 replaced (thanks arpitbull for finding its location)

3. some status bar notification changes (nothing major)

4. Added original kuro wallpaper in wallpapers if you want to change

I am going to focus my work on another theme.

thank you all for the downloads. Over 300 people downloaded since Kuro's inception. Thats awesome!

OP is updated. If you want to use this theme on 12.3, you can...just download the zip, open it...look at the name of the camera folder. The new 12.11 used com.google.android.camera as the name, I believe 12.3 uses com.android.camera. So...whatever the name is in your /data/data folder using root explorere...name the zip folder for camera to match. Otherwise you will have stock camera.

thank you all again!

Looks awesome!! Were gonna blow peoples minds coming up though! ;)

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
updated just to add in a cutom Droidforums.net icon.

BP Legend

Reaction score
KURO for MIUI 0.12.11.0?

Looks unreal!

What version of KURO works with MIUI 0.12.11.0?

I tried KURO 4.0, ended up getting nonstop force closes. It sounded like KURO 3.1 was working for MIUI 0.12.11.0. I only see the KURO 4.0 version posted to download on the MIUI-Dev Theme thread...none of the the old ones..thanks.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looks unreal!

I tried KURO 4.0, ended up getting nonstop force closes. It sounded like KURO 3.1 was working for MIUI 0.12.11.0. I only see the KURO 4.0 version posted to download on the MIUI-Dev Theme thread...none of the the old ones..thanks.

Ive been using 4.0 w/o any force closes. Run fix permissions in rom manager...then apply kuro 4.

Thats the latest and greatest.

how did you apply it?

Last edited:

BP Legend

Reaction score
Looks unreal!

Ive been using 4.0 w/o any force closes. Run fix permissions in rom manager...then apply kuro 4.

Thats the latest and greatest.

how did you apply it?
Nice!, thank u. I'll try that....

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
also, check the OP I just uploaded the latest and greatest. There are two options. One has black lock/phone/sms icon on lockscreen. Thought about making them transparent until pressed.

That would be REAL ninja. Nobody would know how to unlock your phone probably.

lol....hmm...gonna do that NOW.

You will only be able to see the icons when you press the unlock area...and we all know where that is. Added security for your phone. haha.

estafusisx

Reaction score
Transparent lock isn't downloading... the black lock worked fine so i doubt its a rom thing

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Yak,

The transparent version downloaded fine for me. Thanks for the great theme. It has just enough beauty and elegance, while maintaining the raw quality of reality that is innate in the color black. I like that there’s no visually apparent way to unlock the phone, but I can still see the missed call and sms pop ups.

It looks great with LauncherPro Plus and the black Google search box is so sharp, I put it on my default home screen. Also the color and icon changes in contacts and on the dialer pad are real nice. The fine green lines on the dialer grid look give it a sharp, crisp look. You also chose the perfect shade of green. You exhibit excellent attention to detail.

I read in the Public Beta 0.12.18.0 thread that you’ve become disappointed with Miui. I agree with you that the Chinese Developers need to focus on fixing the problems and bugs that already exist instead of adding new features; creating more bugs that they keep procrastinating on. I hope they are getting that feedback, though I’m not sure how much from Droid users reaches their table.

In the meantime Jamezelle and Metickone are doing an incredible job of working with what they get, which is augmented nicely by the work of Jrizzill in his unofficial modded editions.

I encourage you to continue updating Kuro for future versions of Miui, which will hopefully become more stable. I’m sure there are many others such as myself that appreciate your artistic sensibility and fine eye, and it seems Miui is a great framework in which you can express your talent.

PEACE

Last edited: