[THEME][WIP] Kuro Black by Yakitori

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok..thanks Davros. Ill give it a shot tomorrow. Also want to theme the sms conversation ..favorite ..and recommended

Sent from Miui - Droid - Kuro

mxair2001

Reaction score
I am really loving this theme...however I have a couple issues.

Tried downloading the black apps 3 times, the file appears to be corrupt. Can anyone else upload a good copy?

Also, I have tried applying the black background for MMS but definitely dont get that little edit button like someone posted a screen shot of. Not sure whats up with that.

Anyways, thanks for the theme and any help that can be provided.

mxair2001

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am really loving this theme...however I have a couple issues.

Tried downloading the black apps 3 times, the file appears to be corrupt. Can anyone else upload a good copy?

Also, I have tried applying the black background for MMS but definitely dont get that little edit button like someone posted a screen shot of. Not sure whats up with that.

Anyways, thanks for the theme and any help that can be provided.

mxair2001

You have to actually select default and press ok to apply it ...make sure the blue dot is next to the default. Its weird...I know but you can't edit text or background till you do.

Ill reupload gapps today from work ..winrar isn't great. Thanks for letting me know.

Sent from Miui - Droid - Kuro

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great theme yakitori!
Just so you know, the miren browser icon is the only one w/o black background, for me.
4cfbd1fd-7a7d-b36a.jpg

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The way to fix this is since you have installed already is to go into /data/system/theme/icon. And delete the Miren browser custom icon. Dont know why some have clear backgrounds, but it should default to black if you delete this. If not, you will have to reinstall...or reboot and see if it applies.

I am going to update the Kuro zip to remove those clear backgrounds...so hopefully in the future...anything you download will add the black background.

Thanks everyone! keep downloading...This is only on DF...I havent put it up anywhere else.

EDIT: I just confirmed this works. I am deleting any clear bubble backgrounds for everything in the icons folder...it will generate a black one on its own. Thanks for bringing to my attention. You can do this manually, or I will upload the updated one shortly. v1.1. Verified that a reboot is necessary if you decide to delete the icon yourself. (or you could just redownload v1.1 and flash over v1)

Last edited:

illmatic636

Reaction score
KURO

Kuro (pronounced Koo-doe kinda) meaning black in japanese, has been a work in progress for a while, and finally have completed. Kuro goes further than most themes that I have used. It is not just a typical theme (which contains launcher, framework, and mms changes, which most themes do). Changes have been made to.​

1. phone/dialer
2. contacts
3. sms/mms
4. miui music
5. launcher
6. icons
7. camera
8. vending/market
9. framework images​

Kuro does contain certain aspects of other themes used with permission and thanks to all who have contributed and granted me permission to use certain .png...and a special thanks to arpitbull for the phone dialer drawables. Also a special thanks to c_l_z66 (English port by shahzads) for the Iphone 4 notification pull down. And to Daniel06GT for the icon pack from Black ups. I am probably forgetting someone, so thank you...you know who you are.​

Download: KURO

• Install by downloading zip and moving to /sdcard/MIUI/theme...and use theme manager to install. Previews are there. Even included SMS previews for default under sms/mms settings> theme.

• Just a suggestion. Download this jpg and use as your mms background under default screen...and edit your text color so your entire mms is black.

• Black google apps. Do not flash as a zip or try to install via theme manager. You need to download...extract the .apk files inside...and install. Facebook and google voice are touch installs...quicksearchbox needs to be moved to /system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot. This is through root explorer. Credit to thebowers for the inverted black apps. :)

blackapps.zip

I will update occasionally. I am busy at work and getting ready for holidays...that I dont know how often I can update. Please report any bugs here. After rebooting your phone via theme manager wait a couple minutes and let your phone boot up all the way. There is a lot of images in this theme, give them time to settle in before you start flicking your homescreens around.​

Enjoy...and if you feel like donating, PM me! Christmas is a killer on the pocketbook since my kids live in Japan and I ship them gifts every year. Miss them a lot.​

f18f8da5.jpg
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg
default_theme_preview.jpg

Very nice Yak! Your 100 posts away from becoming a Ninja!
Thanks for sharing your theme. It looks pretty slick.

hoppermi

Reaction score
Thanks man. That worked.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tlpalmer01

Reaction score
very nice yak...i really like, very slick on my droid...ill be running this awhile..i love the notification pull down....

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
More updates to Kuro.

Will be released this evening. Kuro 1.1. Any updates I add...will follow the nomenclature of 1.1...1.2..1.3...etc.

New features include:

1. COMPLETELY transparant lockscreen (even with music controls/charging/etc) Only shows colors...no opaque box.

2. A few icons updated: backgrounds fixed for watermarks on some apps/shortcuts. (ie...miren browser, linpack, etc)

Will upload when I get home this evening from work.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I will upload v1.1 later today. Sorry for slow downloads.

ballisticn8

Reaction score
Yakitori, this theme is amazing man, great job. MIUI doesn't seem to play nice with my phone as of late but I wanted to at least see your work.

Blackdiamond, care to post up that wp you're using for your lockscreen lol? :-D

Sent from the future... Droid does that too. ;-)

welterbf123

Reaction score
I would love to install this theme but I'm having a problem. I downloaded the theme and placed it in the MIUI/Themes folder. When I go to theme manager I am able to find it on the list. I select it and it does it's thing then prompts me to reboot. I say yes but it never reboots so I reboot manually. When it comes back on nothing has changed. What am I doing wrong? I'm using MIUI 0.12.3.2.

Edit: I found this ( http://bit.ly/fcRzlv ) and all is well!

Last edited:

welterbf123

Reaction score
KURO

Kuro (pronounced Koo-doe kinda) meaning black in japanese, has been a work in progress for a while, and finally have completed. Kuro goes further than most themes that I have used. It is not just a typical theme (which contains launcher, framework, and mms changes, which most themes do). Changes have been made to.​

1. phone/dialer
2. contacts
3. sms/mms
4. miui music
5. launcher
6. icons
7. camera
8. vending/market
9. framework images​

Kuro does contain certain aspects of other themes used with permission and thanks to all who have contributed and granted me permission to use certain .png...and a special thanks to arpitbull for the phone dialer drawables. Also a special thanks to c_l_z66 (English port by shahzads) for the Iphone 4 notification pull down. And to Daniel06GT for the icon pack from Black ups. I am probably forgetting someone, so thank you...you know who you are.​

More updates to Kuro.​

Will be released this evening. Kuro 1.1. Any updates I add...will follow the nomenclature of 1.1...1.2..1.3...etc.​

New features include:

1. COMPLETELY transparant lockscreen (even with music controls/charging/etc) Only shows colors...no opaque box.​

2. A few icons updated: backgrounds fixed for watermarks on some apps/shortcuts. (ie...miren browser, linpack, etc)​

Download: KURO

• Install by downloading zip and moving to /sdcard/MIUI/theme...and use theme manager to install. Previews are there. Even included SMS previews for default under sms/mms settings> theme.
  • Just a suggestion. Download this jpg and use as your mms background under default screen...and edit your text color so your entire mms is black.

• Black google apps. Do not flash as a zip or try to install via theme manager. You need to download...extract the .apk files inside...and install. Facebook and google voice are touch installs...quicksearchbox needs to be moved to /system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot. This is through root explorer. Credit to thebowers for the inverted black apps. :)
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

I will update occasionally. I am busy at work and getting ready for holidays...that I dont know how often I can update. Please report any bugs here. After rebooting your phone via theme manager wait a couple minutes and let your phone boot up all the way. There is a lot of images in this theme, give them time to settle in before you start flicking your homescreens around.​

Enjoy...and if you feel like donating, PM me! Christmas is a killer on the pocketbook since my kids live in Japan and I ship them gifts every year. Miss them a lot.​

f18f8da5.jpg
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg
default_theme_preview.jpg

Your 'Black Apps' link appears to be broken. Is there another link? I love this theme! Thanks for all your hard work.

Last edited: