[Theme] Windows Phone 7 LauncherPro Layout

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
wp7and.png

LauncherPro is one of the most popular Ui’s available in the market, with themes and layouts that give you infinite possibilities, here is another one of the possibilities that some of you might enjoy. This theme was originally posted over at XDA by newone757, but our forum member donliv has brought it here with a little modification that betters your experience while using it on the Droid. The files provided bring you to a new layout design on LauncherPro, with icons and tiles that are modeled after that of the new Windows Phone 7 Ui and all achievable with the simple instructions that are provided.

Here is a preview of the steps:

How-to:
1. Install LauncherPro (and activate Plus features to be able to resize large square widgets properly, if you dont want to use the square widgets, dont buy plus)
2. Install Desktop Visualizer from market
3. In LauncherPro settings, under Advanced set homescreen rows to 5 (i also recommend that you go into settings>display and uncheck auto rotate screen, but its not vital. Just looks lbad rotated)
4. Create a Desktop Visualizer widget (3x1 for long, 1x2 for tall, 4x4 for a square then resize it) with chosen image and action
5. Align them

Now if those 5 steps seem simple, the other 4 are even easier.

Get the new possibility on your device from our forum.

Edit: Just did this to my G2, and it does not look as well aligned. Icons are a bit apart, but I will keep it on my device till I get bored with it.

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I actually kinda like the idea of this. I like having more real-estate filled with my icons, but then again some of them I hardly ever click on. This is kinda neat. (Maybe ADW can but LPro is above all :))

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Omg maybe adw and lp can do it .. But motu home is way better> you know why?!? Cause motu stands for masters of the universe. With motu< i can make world peace and chicken grease with my bare hands

doctordoctor

Reaction score
My screen shots

here are some screenshots of what I have been rocking for awhile now... need to fix some image sizes when cropping but they work none the less

Azurikai

Reaction score
the same thing cannot FULLY be done to ADW as the dock is NOT editable in the sense that LauncherPro is.

donliv

Reaction score
Hi Wen,

The icons do not align properly with your G2 because these icons were designed for use with the D1's resolution. I had the same problem with the original icons from newone757, which is why i ported them for the Droid(his original icons were for the Hero).

Thanks for sticking this on the front page though, i really like the layout and think others will too. I am working on a set of icons more in the theme of WP7 with simple basic colors...hope to have it done soon.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Too cluttered for me. Yuck. I like the streamlined approach of Android and iOS better.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Been toying around and sadly, they don't like up or fit right on a DroidX.

Could you post the sizes for the DroidX that would fit right? I made my own Photoshop templates but frankly, don't have enough free time to toy around with all the sizes myself. Two kids (one five weeks old) takes up most of my time.

Pandemic187

Reaction score
Too cluttered for me. Yuck. I like the streamlined approach of Android and iOS better.
I agree. To me this looks like it's just haphazardly thrown together. Just like my Windows desktop, I don't like my entire screen to be filled up with icons.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
here are some screenshots of what I have been rocking for awhile now... need to fix some image sizes when cropping but they work none the less

I like it, I've got something similar on mine. I use a mix of photos and graphics. One favorite theme is to use thin vertical & horizontal apps in a ring around a central photo that ties that page together.

How can I show screen shots. Can't find a app on the market if you're not rooted?

It is easy to get a cluttered display that's for sure. One screen I keep fiddling with, is a stack of wide icons next to a square one, with the wide icon over the square one in the next row. Kinda like a ladder. The problem is it looks like a bunch of billboards posted on the side of a building.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
the same thing cannot FULLY be done to ADW as the dock is NOT editable in the sense that LauncherPro is.

Actually, it is. Creating a theme for adw isn't rocket science (heck, he even posts a guide on how to do it right below the files on his github...).

Just wait, and you will see...